Skip to main content
for Parents for Students for Staff
Career Opportunities
Health Benefits
Human Resources
Job Postings
New Hires


Compensation Plan
Student Teaching
Student Observation
Substitute Information
Teacher Certification
Teacher Mentor Program
Separation from Employment
About Plano

Customer Satisfaction Survey

Separation from Employment

In order to separate from the Plano ISD, you must submit a letter of separation to your principal or supervisor.  The letter must be dated and include the effective date of your separation and your signature.  You must also complete a Notice of Separation from Employment form and submit to your principal or supervisor along with your letter of separation.

If you are also retiring through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), please contact them directly. You may access their website via or call 1-800-223-8778. Please note: Although your separation is processed through PISD, your retirement is processed through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS). PISD cannot address questions related to retirement.

Further Information About the Separation Process:

  • If you are interested in requesting a refund of your TRS member contribution, you may download the TRS 6 form. The form must be signed and notarized and submitted / mailed directly to TRS in Austin. Please Note: This is not a requirement when you separate from employment, however, is an option.
  • Final paychecks will be direct deposited. If you have any questions regarding your final paycheck, please contact the Payroll Department at 469-752-8128.

  • If you are retiring through TRS, you will receive a Notice of Final Deposit Before Retirement. This is also referred to as the TRS 7 Form. It will be sent directly to you from TRS after you have requested retirement information. This form is submitted by you to PISD payroll for completion and submission to TRS directly from PISD.

  • If you need to update your address complete the Address Change Form .

  • If you have any questions regarding insurance coverage (including COBRA) or your 401(a) plan, contact the PISD Benefits and Risk Management Department or call 469-752-8138.

  • In order for the district to receive feedback on your experience in Plano, we would encourage you to complete and submit the Exit Survey .

  • To request your district service records, complete and submit the Service Record Request form. Service records will be provided 30 days after the later of: the date the request form is received; or the last day of employment.
  • If you are eligible and would like to be recognized at the annual service event, you may complete the Annual Service Recognition Event Form and send it electronically to in the Communications Department. If you have questions regarding the event or the form, please contact the Communications Department at 469-752-8150.
  • If you are interested in substituting, refer to the Current / Former Employee section on the Substitute Information page.

While you are still employed with PISD, you will have access to:

    • Employee Service Center ( - You may view your personal information, employment records, and payroll information. After your last day of employment, this information is still accessible, by creating a new login. Select "Need an Account? Register" and complete the required fields to create a new login. Do not use the same User ID and Password. Contact the Help Desk with questions at 469-752-8767.
    • My Learning Plan - Any professional development transcripts or certificates may be printed. This is highly encouraged as proof of professional development which may be required for future employment, certification, etc. Instructions for accessing My Learning Plan are located here: My Learning Plan. Please contact Karen Anderson for any further questions at
    • District H drive - Save any necessary documents to a personal flash drive for future use.

    • Google Drive - When an employee separates from Plano ISD, documents of which he/she is the owner will disappear after 90 days, even if the documents have previously been shared with colleagues. Instructions for transferring your files may be accessed here. If you need assistance, please contact Instructional Technology.

For submission of separation documents or questions about the separation process, please email

We appreciate your service to the students of PISD and wish you the best in your future endeavors!