Due to the volume of requests, Plano ISD will only place individuals for observations who are in university based programs that lead directly to student teaching or the Region 10 Certification Program. Students will be placed, if they need 20 or more observation hours. We will not place student observers from junior colleges, alternative certification programs or online programs.
Requests: University personnel should submit request for student observation placements to:
Plano Independent School District
2700 West 15th St.
Plano, TX 75075
Program Time Lines
FALL semester observation requests must be received by October 1st.
SPRING semester observation requests must be received by March 1st.
District Volunteer Application and Criminal History background check
- Students must complete and submit the Plano ISD online Volunteer application.
- The Criminal History background check will be run upon completion of the application.
Plano ISD Identification Badge
- Identification Badges will be issued at the campus you will be observing after placements have been confirmed. They must be worn at all times.
- In order to obtain a badge using the Raptor System on the specified campus, you will need to provide proof of identification during each observation.
- You may use a Current Driver's License, State/Government Issued ID Card, or a Military ID Card.