Where is PASAR? We are located on every PISD elementary campus.
What are the hours? Monday -Thursday 2:30-6:30 p.m. and Fridays 2:30-6:00 p.m.
How do I register for PASAR? On-line via the PISDParent Portal: My PISD Parent Portal
For questions about registration: 469-752-8915
All students – returning and new – must enroll each year.
New students to Plano ISD must be enrolled in the district before they can enroll in PASAR.
Remember to enroll all students in the family on the same online session in order to receive the multi-student discounted registration fees.
I can not get into the parent portal. Who do I contact? For problems with your Parent Portal account email: email@example.com
How do I update who can pick up my child from PASAR? The emergency form can be found on the Parent Portal, please follow these
1) Log in to your parent portal account: Mypisd.edu.
2) Click on
3) Click on the student's name.
4) On the next
screen, one of the options listed is "Emergency Card".
5) Click on the
Emergency Card option and enter the information to update your student's
Once you have updated the parent portal please call your PASAR campus cell phone and leave a message with the Site Manager:
a) your childs name
b) who is picking up your child and their cell phone number.
If you are having difficulties accessing your parent portal please send parent portal an email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your students name, ID, the campus your child attends and the problem you are having
Do I need to fill out the Medical Action Plans if my child does not have a physician's directive concerning any medical concerns? No, only parents who have a physician's directive concerning their child's medical/allergy action plan need to complete an action plan every year.
How do I pay my monthly tuition? online, inside Parent Portal/PASAR
When is the monthly tuition due? PASAR is a pre-paid program. The monthly tuition (Regular Tuition Plan) is due by the 1st of each month or by the student's start date, whichever occurs first. For students starting the 1st day of school, tuition is due by Thursday before school starts.
Questions about tuition?
- This program is self-supported through tuition and fees.
- The program is budgeted on the number of school days.
- Tuition and revenue stream is based on annual cost.
- To keep the monthly payments at a consistent amount, we have based the monthly payments on an average monthly cost.
- Each monthly payment is not tied to the number of days of school for the specific month.
- The PASAR program was initiated and implemented by the district and continues to operate as a for profit service .
My child does not need PASAR every day. What is my option? PASAR offers a Drop-In Plan. The Drop-In Plan requires a $150 deposit per student, which is due prior to the student's start date as entered online by the parent at time of enrollment. Registration through the parent portal is required for the Drop-In Plan.
For my income taxes, how do I know how much I paid?
An end-of-year statement for PASAR is NOT required for income tax purposes per IRS.
Items you will need for income tax preparation are listed below:
- Total amount of money paid for child care (use the monthly PASAR statements, your debit/credit card statement/bank account or the confirmation e-mail received at time of on-line payment.)
- Plano ISD is the child care provider
- Tax ID # for afterschool care purpose is: 75-6002252
Can I request a reprint of a statement?
Yes, you can. Complete the Statement Request Form and scan/email to email@example.com
Do you offer care on Early Release Days? How much is the daily rate for those days? PASAR will start immediately after school on early release days. There is no
additional charge for PASAR on the PISD early release days.
What is Holiday Care? Holiday Day care is an optional service PASAR offers on non-instructional school days.
- The daily rate for Holiday Care can be found on the PASAR Fee Chart.
- PASAR offers 4 cluster schools in which Holiday Care is offered.
- Sign up for these holidays occurs at the student's home campus.
- Please visit the Holiday Care web page for dates and campuses.
- If a Holiday Care falls on a Monday-Thursday the hours of holiday care service are 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. and Fridays 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
What type of snacks do the children receive? Can I send my own snacks if my child is allergic to the snack PASAR provides? The snack list is posted on-line for each semester . If your child has severe food allergies and has a medical action plan on file please send an appropriate snack for your child.
My student is in Pre-K now. Can he/she participate in Summer PASAR before he/she begins Kindergarten within Plano ISD? Summer PASAR is available for PISD students who have completed Kindergarten through 5th grade. Information is located on the Summer Care web page.
What is a typical day in PASAR?
- Academics (one hour M -Th)
- STEM activities (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Arts & Crafts
- Board Games
- Gym or
Games (weather permitting)
- Daily Snack
- Relaxation Time
What are the advantages of having my child participate in PASAR?
- Safety - PASAR provides a safe environment on
the child's home campus - no traveling in buses or
vans. Employees have been cleared through a security and background
check and receive ongoing safety and behavior management
- Snacks - Nutritious snacks are provided by the PISD
Food and Nutrition Services.
- Homework - Students receive homework guidance and supervision
with certified teachers.
- After-school Activities - Children can participate in
regular school activities, tutorials and clubs before going to
- Fine Arts - Students participate in structured fine arts
activities and board games.
- Test Skills Reinforcement -Test taking and study skills
are reinforced in the summer program.
- STEM activities - (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Holiday/Summer Care - Holiday and summer care are offered from Monday -Thursday 7:00
a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Fridays 7:00 a.m - 6:00 p.m. at cluster sites for an additional
- PASAR offers a drop-in care program. Drop-in care is available if your student needs PASAR services occasionally during the month as well as occasionally during the school year. Please see the fee chart for monthly tuition as well as drop-in rates.
How do I apply to work in PASAR? Every employee must complete the PISD online employment application. Submission of your application does not guarantee an interview with PASAR. Login into the online application and begin the Plano ISD new applicant registration.
- Identify PASAR activity specialist role in which you will apply. Complete all questions thoroughly and completely.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Applications remain active for one year unless you update your application using the same login and password.
- All staff will have a background and fingerprint check through PISD - Safety and Security Department.