Records Necessary to Enroll
- Original birth certificate (or certified copy which includes a certificate number and is issued by the state), passport or other document suitable as proof of the student’s identity; see School Board Policy FD (EXHIBIT)
- Current immunization record signed by a physician. Immunizations, per Texas requirements, must be up to date with proper documentation prior to enrollment and attending class.
- Proof of residency in Plano ISD (natural gas or electricity
bill, original lease agreement, or approved certificate of eligibility
to enroll form)
- Most recent report card/withdrawal slip from previous school
- Social Security card (if available; if not, the student will
be assigned a state ID number)
- High school transcript (if applicable)
- Parent’s valid driver’s license, or state identification card, or guardian information form and guardian’s driver’s license or state identification card. If parent or guardian is not a licensed driver or has not obtained a state ID card, other photo ID will be considered including, but not limited to, a passport or employment identification card.
Early Childhood School Information
Plano ISD's three early childhood schools serve students 3 to 5
years of age. Students may enroll based on three criteria:
- Tuition-supported; and state and federal programs including
- Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities
- Full Day Prekindergarten
Visit the Early
Childhood Schools Web site for information and registration packets.
Children must be five years old on or before September 1 to be
admitted to kindergarten.
See also, Kindergarten
First Grade Information
In order to attend first grade in Plano ISD, a child must be six
years old on or before September 1 or have been previously enrolled
in the first grade of a public school in another state or have completed
public school kindergarten in another state. Children who are five by September 1 may enroll
in first grade through the district's kindergarten acceleration
The child should be registered during the regular Kindergarten
Roundup at his/her school. Parents must apply for kindergarten acceleration. Assessment
sessions are scheduled in June. Students who move into the district
in July and early August may be considered for acceleration assessment.
The deadline for receiving these students is September 1.
For further information regarding testing of underage students
for first grade enrollment, contact Plano ISD's Office of Credit
by Exam at 469-752-8703.