Records Necessary to Enroll
- Original birth certificate (or certified copy which includes a certificate number and is issued by the state) or passport
- Current immunization record signed by a physician. Immunizations, per Texas requirements, must be up to date with proper documentation prior to enrollment and attending class.
- Proof of residency in Plano ISD (natural gas or electricity
bill, original lease agreement, or approved certificate of eligibility
to enroll form)
- Most recent report card/withdrawal slip from previous school
- Social Security card (if available; if not, the student will
be assigned a state ID number)
- High school transcript (if applicable)
- Parent's driver's license or Texas Department of Transportation
ID card or guardian information form and guardian's driver's license
or Texas Department of Transportation ID card (if parent or guardian
is not a licensed driver in Texas nor has the person obtained
a TXDOT ID card, other photo ID will be considered in combination
with a certified or original birth certificate)
Early Childhood School Information
Plano ISD's three early childhood schools serve students 3 to 5
years of age. Students may enroll based on three criteria:
- Tuition-supported; and state and federal programs including
- Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities.
Visit the Early
Childhood Schools Web site for information and registration packets.
Children must be five years old on or before September 1 to be
admitted to kindergarten.
See also, Kindergarten
First Grade Information
In order to attend first grade in Plano ISD, a child must be six
years old on or before September 1 or have been previously enrolled
in the first grade of a public school in another state or have completed
public school kindergarten in another state. Children who are underage
but will become six between September 1 and December 31 may enroll
in first grade through the district's kindergarten acceleration
The child should be registered during the regular Kindergarten
Roundup at his/her school. Parents must attend a district informational
meeting in April and apply for kindergarten acceleration. Assessment
sessions are scheduled in June. Students who move into the district
in July and early August may be considered for acceleration assessment.
The deadline for receiving these students is September 1.
For further information regarding testing of underage students
for first grade enrollment, contact Plano ISD's Office of Credit
by Exam at 469-752-8703.