2016-2017 Kindergarten Registration
Registration for the 2016-17 school year has begun and is ongoing. New student registration will be held August 8th and 9th, 2016 from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. and again from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. No appointment necessary. Please register at your elementary school.
To register your child for kindergarten in a Plano ISD school, please be sure that your child meets the following age requirements, and please bring the documents listed below to your child's school to register for kindergarten. If you are unsure which elementary campus your child will attend, you may access the school finder program on our website and enter your address to find out your home campus.
Kindergarten age requirements
- Children must be five years old on or before September 1 to be admitted to kindergarten.
- Follow this link for information about kindergarten placement for students turning six on or before September 1: Guidelines and Form
- Follow this link for information about kindergarten acceleration for students who are interested in testing for placement in first grade: Kindergarten Acceleration
Please bring to registration
- Original Birth Certificate (or certified copy with certificate number issued by the State)
- Immunization Records -
- Social Security Card for the child, if available
- Proof of Residency in Plano ISD (gas, electric bill
or a lease)
- Parent's Drivers License
For more information about the kindergarten program, refer to the following links: