Student Code of Conduct
Plano ISD's Student Code of Conduct outlines offenses that are subject to disciplinary action in one of three categories: campus discipline management, discipline alternative education placement, and explusion. The code of conduct can be found in the Student/Parent Policy Guide and the links below.
Standards of Conduct - Included in the Student Code of Conduct are the following student responsibilities for achieving a positive learning environment at school or school-sponsored activities.
- Attending all classes daily and on time.
- Being prepared for each class with appropriate materials and assignments.
- Meeting district and campus standards of grooming and dress.
- Exhibiting an attitude of respect toward others, even when others do not.
- Conducting one’s self in a responsible manner, always exercising self discipline.
- Obeying all campus and classroom rules.
- Refraining from violations of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Respecting the rights and privileges of students, teachers, and other district staff and volunteers.
- Respecting the property of others, including district property and facilities.
- Cooperating with and assisting the school staff in maintaining safety, order, and discipline.
- Reporting to school officials and/or proper authorities threats to safety and security.
- Seeking changes in school policies and regulations in an orderly and responsible manner through appropriate channels.
Bullying / Harrassment: Any student who believes that he or she has experienced prohibited harassment or bullying should immediately report the alleged acts to a teacher, counselor, principal, or district employee. POLICY FFI (LOCAL)
Tobacco Use by Students: Plano ISD has adopted and enforces policies and procedures that prescribe penalties for the use of tobacco products by students and others on school campuses or at school-sponsored or school-related activities. Students are prohibited from smoking at school or at any school-related event. Students shall not possess or use tobacco products, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, snuff, or chewing tobacco, on school premises or adjacent premises or at schoolrelated or school-sponsored activities on or off school property. Tobacco products are prohibited at any school-related or sanctioned activity on or off school property. Any student in violation of this policy shall be subject to disciplinary action. POLICY FNCD (LEGAL)