Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors of Science in Nursing Advance Cardiac Life Support Basic Life Support
Ms. Amanda Kappel
Hello! My name is Amanda and I am the Frankford Middle School Registered Nurse. I have been a nurse for seven years. I graduated with my Bachelors of Science in Nursing from Texas Lutheran University. I have a range of nursing experience from surgical nursing, oncology and intensive care (ICU)! I have spent the last couple of years being an ICU travel nurse. I am new to the DFW area and I am loving it so far! I look forward to the upcoming school year and getting to know your students! Please do not hesitate to call or email me should you have any questions or concerns.
Helpful links for parents:
Health Services / Health Forms (pisd.edu)
Health Services / Health Screenings (pisd.edu)
Health Services / About District Health (pisd.edu)
Health Services / Asthma Care (pisd.edu)
Health Services / Anaphylaxis & Food Allergy (pisd.edu)
Health Services / Frequently Asked Questions (pisd.edu)
Info & Resources / Health Protocols FAQ (pisd.edu)
When to keep your child home from school
A student with any of the following symptoms must be excluded from school until such time as the student is free of symptoms, has been satisfactorily treated or submits a signed physician’s statement that he/she is not contagious.
Please note: students with symptoms likely to be Covid-19 or that have been diagnosed with Covid-19 will adhere to the return to school requirements specific to Covid-19 symptoms as detailed below. Many flu-like symptoms are also symptoms of Covid-19.
- Temperature of 100.0 degrees or more without other symptoms. Students must be fever free for 24 hours, without requiring the use of fever-reducing medication, before re-entry.
- Undetermined rash over any part of the body accompanied by fever.
- Undiagnosed scaly patches on the body or scalp.
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Students must be symptom free for 24 hours, without medication, before re-entry.
- Red, draining eyes.
- Intense itching with signs and symptoms of secondary infection.
- Open, draining lesions that cannot be contained in a clean, dry bandage.
- Symptoms likely to be Covid-19: at least two of the following symptoms: fever/chills, fatigue, body/muscle aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea/vomiting or diarrhea or at least one of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- Quarantine Period for Confirmed Covid-19: PISD requires a five-day quarantine from the date symptoms began on day 0. A negative test is not needed to return to school, only the 5 day quarantine with symptoms improving and 24 hours fever free without medication.