Google Apps for Education
Plano ISD is a Google Apps for Education (GAFE) district, which means that you and your students have access to a wide array of tools to improve learning, engagement, and productivity!
To access these tools and applications, follow these steps:
1. Open the Google Chrome browser
2. Go to Google.com
3. Click "Sign in" at the top right
4. Enter your full PISD email address and your network password
Note: if you are unable to log in to Google Chrome, the likely cause is a password that is too short; the password needs to contain 8 characters. You can change the password yourself by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard. Select Change a Password and follow the prompts. Your new Google password will work within a few minutes. Alternatively, you can call the Help Desk at 28767and they'll reset it for you.
5. Click the "Apps" button (nine blocks) to explore the GAFE Apps available to you!
6. Don't forget to sign out of Chrome when you're finished if you're using a network computer that many people use.
Google Classroom: Student Quick Guide
(Note: The email feature is not turned on for students, yet.)