2020 Senior High School Graduation Ceremonies
Plano ISD senior high schools will celebrate graduation with three momentous ceremonies at The Ford Center at The Star in Frisco. Graduation ceremonies will be broadcast live via streaming webcast at www.wfaa.com/graduation. Friends and family near and far will be able to take part in this milestone event.
Saturday, June 6
9:30 a.m. - Plano West Senior High School
2:30 p.m. - Plano Senior High School
7:30 p.m. - Plano East Senior High School
*Doors to the center will open one hour prior to each ceremony.
Ford Center at The Star in Frisco
9 Cowboys Way
Frisco, TX 75034
Tickets & Admission
The number of admission tickets issued will be based upon the number of graduates to be accommodated at the facility. Seating will be general admission. All guests over the age of two years old will be required to have a ticket for entry. Guests two years of age and older must have a ticket to enter. No exceptions.
- 8 tickets - Plano West Senior High School
- 8 tickets - Plano Senior High School
- 8 tickets - Plano East Senior High School
ADA / Accessibility
Handicap seating is available throughout the main seating level of the stadium. Each disabled person may be accompanied by one companion. (Both must have tickets.) The Ford Center is designed with accessible parking, accessible vehicle drop-off and pick-up areas, power assisted doors, restrooms, concessions, water fountains and seating areas. Guests can receive more information by visiting our Guest Services Center located on the concourse behind Section 127. For more information, please visit www.thestarinfrisco.com/information.
Sign Language Translation
Sign language translators can be made available upon request at all graduation ceremonies. Please contact the main office of your student’s school to arrange this service. Because Plano Senior High School is home to the Regional Day School for the Deaf, arrangements for interpretators at this ceremony have already been made. Please plan to sit in section 108 if you would like to take part in this service.
Travel & Parking
The Ford Center at The Star has ample parking located in various garages and lots located immediately around the center and south of Warren Parkway with three lots located in Hall Park. See the map below for details. All parking is free.
Shuttle buses to The Ford Center will be available to guests parked in Hall Park. See the map below for shuttle pick/drop-off locations.
Graduates should arrive one hour prior to their ceremony. They will enter the venue through a special graduate-only entrance to the north side of the stadium. (See map below.)
Meeting Graduates & Exiting The Venue After The Ceremony
At the conclusion of the graduation ceremonies, graduates will participate in a recessional from the stadium and will be released at the Tostitos Championship Plaza located directly in front of the venue. Guests will remain seated during the recessional and will be adjourned after the graduates have exited the arena. Families will meet their graduates outside on the plaza after the ceremony. Graduates and their families should then proceed immediately to the garages and parking lots. Because of the multiple ceremonies planned on this day, all graduates and guests are asked to leave the venue within one hour after each ceremony.
The Ford Center & Plano ISD Guidelines
To respect and honor all graduating seniors and their families, please review these policies.
- The Ford Center and the Plano Independent School District may refuse admission to (or may expel) patrons for disruptive or disorderly conduct.
- Noisemakers and air horns are not permitted. Persons found with these items will be escorted from the venue.
- Other items prohibited at this venue include balloons, silly string/confetti, lighters, matches, laser pointers, weapons, back packs, purses and bags larger than a small clutch, outside food and drinks, tobacco products, large flower arrangements, signs, large banners, tripods and professional cameras. See bag policy for more details.
No outside food or beverages may be brought into Ford Center. Limited concessions will be available for sale onsite.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All purses, bags or containers larger than a small clutch bag
- Binocular case (binoculars may be worn around the neck)
- Camera bags
- Cinch bags
- Computer bags
- Fanny packs
- Luggage of any kind
- Seat cushions
We strongly encourage guests to limit the number of items they bring with them to the stadium on graduation day.
Approved bags include the following:
- Clear Tote
- Plastic, vinyl or PVC and not to exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- Plastic Storage Bag
- Clear, one (1) gallon, re-sealable
- Small Clutch Purse
- Approximately the size of a hand with or without a handle or strap. No larger than 4.5” x 6.5” with or without a handle or strap. Can be carried separately or within an approved plastic bag.
An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose. Please limit the number of items you bring to Ford Center.
The live streaming webcast will be available at www.wfaa.com/graduation