2019-2020 Kindergarten Registration
Kindergarten registration for the 2019-20 school year will take place on all elementary campuses on July 24 & 25, 2019 from 9 - 11 a.m. and from 1-3 p.m. No appointment is necessary. Check school finder to discover what elementary school is assigned to your home address.
2020-21 Kindergarten Registration
Due to school closure, kindergarten registration that was scheduled for the 2020-21 school year to take place on all elementary campuses on Friday, March 20, 2020 has been cancelled. When reschedule information is available it will be posted on this webpage.
Debido al cierre escolar, está cancelada la inscripción de kínder para el año escolar 2020-21, programada para tomar lugar en todos los campus de escuela primaria el viernes, 20 de marzo de 2020. Cuando se vuelva a programa, se publicará la información en este sitio web.
To register your child for kindergarten in a Plano ISD school, please be sure that your child meets the following age requirements, and please bring the documents listed below to your child's school to register for kindergarten. If you are unsure which elementary campus your child will attend, you may access the school finder program on our website and enter your address to find out your home campus.
Kindergarten age requirements
- To enter kindergarten in the 2019-2020 school year, your child would have to have been 5 on September 1, 2019.
- To enter kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year, your child must be 5 on September 1, 2020.
- Follow this link for information about kindergarten placement for students turning six on or before September 1: Guidelines and Form
- Follow this link for information about kindergarten acceleration for students who are interested in testing for placement in first grade: Kindergarten Acceleration
Please bring to registration
- Original Birth Certificate (or certified copy with certificate number issued by the State)
- Immunization Records
- Social Security Card for the child, if available
- Proof of Residency in Plano ISD (gas, electric bill or a lease)
- Parent's Drivers License
For more information about the kindergarten program, refer to the following links:
Roundup Enrollment Forms