The Board of Trustees participates in a variety of meetings. Each of these meetings, with the exception of closed sessions, is open to the public, but is not a meeting of the public. The purpose of the meetings is to conduct school district business and to provide the members of the board an opportunity to discuss issues with each other and with staff.
Notices of all meetings are distributed in advance of the meeting to the news media and are posted at the front door of the Administration Building and are also available in the Superintendent's Office, the Communications Department, on cable channel A-31 and on Plano ISD's Internet home page. Agendas including attachments are also available in the superintendent's office. For archived meeting minutes not found here, please contact the Superintendent's Office at (469) 752-8122 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
2018-19 Board Meeting Schedule
Regular Board Meetings
7:00 p.m. First Floor Board Room, Plano ISD Administration Center, 2700 W. 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075
- August 7
- September 4
- October 2
- November 6
- December 11
- January 15
- February 5
- March 5
- April 9
- May 7
- May 21
- June 11
Work Session Meetings
6:00 p.m. (unless otherwise noted), First Floor Board Room, Plano ISD Administration Center, 2700 W. 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075
Special Called Meetings
First Floor Board Room (unless noted otherwise) Plano ISD Administration Building, 2700 W. 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075
Board Meeting Types
The following definitions clarify the various types of board meetings that may be conducted.
- Regular Meeting - This is a business meeting held on a scheduled date. Action may be taken. Regular meetings of the Board are normally held the first Tuesday of each month unless otherwise posted. Public input may be solicited.
- Work Session - This is a meeting between Board Members and staff to discuss items and to receive information. Work Sessions are normally held the third Tuesday of each month unless otherwise posted.
- Special Meeting - This is a business meeting held on a date other than a regularly scheduled meeting. Action may be taken.
- Emergency Meeting - This is a business meeting scheduled with at least two hours notice to the public. An emergency meeting is usually called to address a situation which must be handled immediately. Action may be taken.
- Closed Session - This is a meeting of the Board of Trustees which is not open to the public. Only certain topics allowed by law may be discussed such as property and personnel matters. No action may be taken.
- Public Forum - This is a meeting to listen to public input. The forum may address a specific topic or may be a general information session to receive public input. This meeting may be held at individual schools or in the community. No action may be taken.
- Retreat - This is a planning meeting between Board Members and staff which could include a training session for Board Members. No action may be taken.