Fastt Math Management Program - SAM
You must have students enrolled in a Math class in Pinnacle Gradebook to have access to student information. (This management program is also used for Fraction Nation in middle school.)
- From the Math folder in PISDApps, click on the FasttMath SAM-Elementary
- Click on the Launch SAM
- Type your PISD username and network password.
- On the left side of the opening screen, you will see tabs where you can select classes or students.
Important Note - Student and class information is uploaded to SAM from Pinnacle each night. If a new student is enrolled in your class, it will take at least 24 hours before his/her name will appear in the program. This is the only way students can be added to the program.
Assigning Math Facts
- Click the Roster button on the SAM Home Page or the Roster tab along the top of any SAM screen.
- On the left side of the screen, under the Classes tab, double-click the name of your class. (For elementary teachers, your name represents your math class.)
- Click the Settings link next to Fastt Math in the Programs menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Adjust the settings options for your class.
- Click Save to save adjustments and return to the previous screen.
To access program settings for an individual student, double-click an individual student’s name, and then click on the Settings link.
The Fastt Math – Elementary is available in the App Depot for students to install. Once it is installed by one student on a workstation, it will be available in PISD Apps for all other students. Students will use their network logins and passwords to access the program once you have assigned them a fact set.