Plano Independent School District begins accepting online applications for early childhood programs this month for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year.
Head Start: Head Start is for children who are three or four years old and qualify based on a family’s income. This week, March 15-20, is Head Start Round Up Week and drive-thru appointments will be available for families who would like to know if they qualify or have further questions. Sign up for an appointment via sign up genius. To learn more about the program or to enroll, go directly to the district’s early childhood programs web portal. Families will need the following documents to complete registration forms:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency
- Income verification (W2, 1090 form, check stubs or proof of TANF assistance)
Kindergarten: Kindergarten is for children who will be five years old by September 1. Online registration to attend kindergarten in the upcoming 2021-2022 school year opens this Friday, March 19. Registration forms will be available at www.pisd.edu/aboutkindergarten. Documents that families will need for registration are:
- Student’s birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Student’s social security card (optional)
- Proof of residency (lease, gas or electric bill)
- Parent/guardian photo identification
Enrollment dates for Plano ISD’s Early Childhood Programs are:
- Head Start Roundup Week: March 15-20
- IB World School at Huffman Elementary (a Plano ISD Academy Program): March 2-26.
- Kindergarten: begins March 19
- PreK: begins April 1
Tell a friend or neighbor about enrolling in any of Plano ISD’s early childhood education programs.