Manage the approval of absence requests utilizing Microsoft Forms and Power Automate.
Create your Absence Request Form in Microsoft Forms. Here is an example template for you to duplicate, edit, and make your own. Be sure to insert your email address in question 15.
Open Power Automate in Office 365.
- Open Webdesk and click the Office 365 (PISD) tile.
- Click the waffle (9 squares) located in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
- In the pop-up menu, click "All apps".
- Scroll down until you see "Power Automate" and click one time.
- Refer to the GIF below if you are a visual learner. 😊
Under "Start from a template", select "Approval" and choose "Start an approval in Teams when a form response is submitted".
- Scroll down and click "Continue".
- Choose the form you want to use. This is the form you created in Step 1.
- Choose the approval type.
- Approve/Reject - Everyone must approve
- Approve/Reject - First to respond
- Create a Title
- Select the users/groups to assign the approval to. Start typing in the email address of all approvers.
- Click "Create"
Share the Microsoft Form with your recipients. When they submit the form, you will be notified via MS Teams and Outlook (check your junk folder) and can approve or reject.
For more details, please refer to this step-by-step guide (with video) or call your friendly DLT team.