Degrees and Certifications:
Dr. Tyler Yarbrough
Greetings, Shepton Family!
I have been an educator for 13 years, and I have been a Plano ISD educator since 2015. I am enthusiastic about serving as an assistant principal at Shepton High School.
Although I am originally from Kansas City, Missouri (How ‘bout those Chiefs?!), I consider Chicago my second home. Before moving to the DFW area, I was a college counselor, writing instructor, and testing coordinator in Chicago. In Plano, I taught English/Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) at Renner Middle School and Guinn Special Programs Center. I also served as the Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) specialist and ELAR department chair at Guinn.
When I am not working or supporting students at events, I enjoy writing and "keeping up" (⇐ insert air quotation marks) with my extremely energetic four-year-old.
I am excited to use my gifts to serve students, families, and teachers at Shepton High School. Go Stallions!
- Bachelor of Science in Journalism (Medill School of Journalism - Northwestern University)
- Master of Education in Cultural and Educational Policy Studies (Loyola University Chicago)
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership K-12 (Dallas Baptist University)
- Principal as Instructional Leader - Grades EC-12
- English/Language Arts and Reading - Grades 7-12
- Special Education - Grades EC-12
- English as a Second Language Supplemental - Grades EC-12