How to Enroll
Registration takes place in August. After school begins, interested families can complete an application and be placed on a waiting list. To qualify you must:
- live within the Plano ISD boundaries
- have an English literacy need
- qualify financially under federal guidelines
- attend all required classes
Applicants for Plano Family Literacy must have children. We do not discriminate based on race, creed, color or religion.
We follow the Plano ISD school year calendar. Families who attend are expected to participate in all components and follow attendance requirements. Classes are held:
- Mondays 9 am-2 pm
- Tuesdays 9 am-2 pm
- Wednesdays 9 am-2 pm
- Thursday 5 pm-7 pm
- Fridays 9 am-12 pm
We also offer:
- A limited community program with an abbreviated schedule of classes for adults only. Interested adults who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Questions regarding the GED TEST should be directed to the Plano ISD GED Testing Center, 2221 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75023, 469-752-6900.