Degrees and Certifications:
Master of Arts in Speech-Language Pathology, ASHA Certification, Licensed in the State of Texas
Mrs. Miranda Flores, M.A., CCC/SLP
I am excited about being here and working with your children. I wanted to share with you a little bit about myself…
Campus Speech-Language Pathologist
National Honor Society Advisor
- Undergraduate and Master’s degrees from University of North Texas
- I have worked as a speech-language pathologist in various settings since 2007.
- I have worked with students in Plano ISD since 2017.
- My husband is a teacher in Plano ISD.
- My children are in PISD so we are part of this community.
- I am originally from Amarillo and a first generation college grad.
- I have one older sister and 2 younger brothers who are twins.
As a speech-language pathologist, I believe…
- that all children can learn. Not all students learn the same way nor at the same time. I work to teach in a way that will be most successful for each student.
- that we can never stop learning. I strive to stay informed of new methods, materials, and evidence that will help me support my students.
- that every person should have the opportunity to communicate. When we remove the opportunities for communication from a person, we strip them of power.
- education is a team approach. Students are more than one subject or one area of need. To educate a whole student you need a whole team, including parents.
McMillen High School: