Welcome to the Allan K. and Carolyn H. Bird Education Center Special Programs Center K-8. Our programs have been in existence for over 20 years. Though the specifics of the programs have changed to meet our students needs, our commitment to achieve success with each individual student has not. As a staff we are fully committed to the success of all our students. We strive to create a safe, positive school environment to promote student growth.
Our programs are centered on the following beliefs.
- We believe each student can show academic, behavioral and social success by being provided with daily opportunities to demonstrate personal independence.
- We believe in practicing appropriate behavior.
- We believe each student is unique and worthy of praise, encouragement, respect, and the opportunity to be challenged to their full potential.
- We believe we will strive to be a collaborative entity to seek and honor diversity through academic venues thus promoting success in a safe and productive campus family.
- We believe every child is an individual and that everything we do should move the student closer to the desired behavior and a return to their home campus.
- We believe in fostering positive teacher student relationships.
- We believe in providing choices to promote responsibility.
- We believe in consequences that teach, not punish.
- We believe that we can help students to develop coping skills behaviorally, academically, and socially in every aspect of their daily life.
- We believe that we can help students gain confidence in themselves to achieve the goal of transitioning successfully to their home school environment.
- We believe that every day is a new day.