Fraction Nation Management Program - SAM
You must have students enrolled in a Math class in Pinnacle Gradebook to have access to student information. The SAM management program is also used for Fastt Math.
Important Note - Student and class information is uploaded to SAM from Pinnacle each night. If a new student is enrolled in your class, it will take at least 24 hours before his/her name will appear in the program. This is the only way students can be added to the program.
1. From the Math folder in PISD Apps, click on the Fastt Math SAM Secondary icon. Fraction Nation is accessible within this program.
2. Click on the dog icon to get to the login screen. At the SAM login screen, enter your PISD username and password.
3. You must select which of your students need access to this program in order for them to sign in and use it. To find your students and add them, follow these steps:
- Select the Roster tab on the top
- On the left under "My Classes", double-click on your name
- On the right under Manage Roster, click "Manage Student Enrollment".
4. Check the box next to the names of the students who you would like to have access to this program. Be sure to click Save when complete.
Students will now be able to log in following the directions below.
Student Login at School
The Fraction Nation app is available in the App Depot for students to install. Once it is installed by one student on a workstation, it will be available in PISD Apps for all other students. At this time, Fraction Nation is not available on Chromebooks or outside of the school network.
1. Install Fraction Nation from the App Depot.
2. Open Fraction Nation from the PISD Apps Math folder.
3. Click on the Fraction Nation button.
4. Login with your PISD username and password.
If a student is unable to log in, they need to talk with the teacher about giving him/her access to the program. Please contact Leah Heerema in Instructional Technology with questions.