Gateway Summer Engineering Camp
The Gateway Summer Engineering Camp will be a virtual, yet hands-on, project-based camp designed to introduce incoming 7th and 8th grade middle school students to the fundamentals of STEM and Project Lead the Way (PLTW) engineering courses within Plano ISD. Certified PLTW instructors provide expert instruction in a fun, exciting environment using leading-edge technologies to sample engineering related activities and projects and get a taste of how fun it can be to be an engineer.
All camp sessions are full and registration has closed. The wait list has also closed at this time. All students on the wait list will be informed of their status by May 17, 2021.
Rycor Payment Help
Kits and supplies for activities will be required to be picked up during pickup times and locations that will be communicated at a later date.
Students will need access to tape, glue, scissors, and a ruler. These items will not be provided by the district.
All sessions are virtual. Students will need access to a laptop, desktop, or Chromebook with a webcam or device that allows for the student to demonstrate their work, Google Classroom, Google Meets, and/or Zoom.
Each session is five days long with an option of either morning or afternoon. Students may only attend one session.
Refunds for tuition payments will not be made after May 7, 2021.
2021 Session Choices
All session are virtual. Students are required to use a laptop, desktop, or Chromebook with a webcam device.
- Session 1A: Monday, June 7 - Friday, June 11 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Session 1B: Monday, June 7 - Friday, June 11 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Session 2A: Monday, June 14 - Friday, June 18 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Session 2B: Monday, June 14 - Friday, June 18 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Session 3A: Monday, June 21 - Friday, June 25 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Session 3B: Monday, June 21 - Friday, June 25 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM