Renner Middle School
School Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
School Colors: Red, black and silver
Motto: We are the "Secretariat" of all mustangs.
Year Opened: 1998
Phone: (469) 752-5800
Fax: (469) 752-5801
5701 West Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093
Academic Specialist (504 Coordinator); Peer Assistance Leadership (PAL); athletics (girls and boys); Advancement via Individual Determination (AVID); cheerleading; Color Run (annual); English as a Second Language (ESL); enrichment period; Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA); Helping Other Peers Excel (HOPE); history fair; Geography Bee; Girls on the Run Heart and Soul; journalism; language other than english (French and Spanish); Math Counts; Math Rocks (sixth- through eighth-grade); Mustang S.T.R.O.N.G. (positive behavior program); National Junior Honor Society (NJHS); Plano Academic Creative Education (PACE); Renner Dads club; robotics; science fair; soccor club; special education; speech and yearbook; Spelling Bee; Spirit of Renner (student recognition program); student council; University of Texas at Dallas tutoring program; Whiz Quiz; over 25 student clubs and organizations.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
Active Parent Teacher Association (PTA); School Based Improvement Committee (SBIC); Key Communicators; Renner Dads; School Store; volunteer opportunities; and speaking engagements.
Academy; Brainopolis; Chick-fil-A; Class Act "School Packs"; Coca-Cola Company; Edward Jones; EPI Educational Products; Farmers Insurance; Genecov Orthodontics; Gupta Orthodontics; Hunsucker Dentistry; IB Cheer; Kona Ice; Kroger; Market Street; Mirrored Storage; North Texas Allergy Asthma Associates; Oak Apartments of North Dallas; Optum Clinic and Urgent Care; Palio's; Papa John's; Party Time; Professional Black Belt Academy; Pugh Training; Raising Cane's; Sports Authority; Target; Timonthy C. Pringle, MD.; and Walworth Yearbook.
History of Renner
Renner is named after the old Renner community, whose school was established in the year 1892 and later moved to Dallas' Old City Park.
Renner Middle School opened in 1990 in the former Shepton High School building. In the fall of 1988, it re-opened in a new building off Parker Road; the Shepton building was remodeled and converted back into a high school.