Jackson Elementary School
Assistant Principal: Kamili Carthledge
School Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
School Colors: Black and gold
Motto: What starts here changes the world.
Year Opened: 1975
East of Coit:
West of Coit:
Phone: (469) 752-2100
Fax: (469) 752-2101
1101 Jackson Drive
Plano, TX 75075
AchievementsTexas Successful school recipient for six years; Writing School award; Jackson Family Services Team Honorable Mention, Diversity award; Plano ISD Education Foundation Grants to Educators and numerous regional chess competition awards.
Campus ProgramsChess; Drama Kids and Young Rembrants after-school programs; academic and social mentoring programs; Collin County Adventure camp (fifth-grade); safety patrol; special education inclusion; English for Speakers of other Languages (ESOL); Plano Academic and Creative Education (PACE) for identified gifted and talented students; student council; fifth-grade choir; fifth-grade graduation; family skate night; dyslexia program; PTA Reflection; Red Ribbon Drug Awareness week; literacy library; field trips; Science and History Fair; spirit assemblies; and PASAR after-school childcare program.
Parent Involvement OpportunitiesThe Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is very active at Jackson; PTA school supply and spirit wear sale; tutoring program; newcomer's committee; family picnic; practical parenting; classroom volunteer support; library volunteers; School-Based Improvement Committee (SBIC); Watchdog Dad's Program; field day; book fair; Reflections; classrooms moms; classroom parties; PTA website and monthly newsletters; numerous additional volunteer opportunities.
Community/Business PartnershipsLegacy Bank & Trust.
History of Jackson
Jackson Elementary was founded in 1975 and was named after cattleman Frank William Jackson (1846-1927), son of Collin County pioneer John Jackson. Originally from Kentucky, Mr. Jackson settled on a farm near Renner in the late 1800’s. It was Frank who donated land and money for the first school in the area, which was constucted at a cost of $1.2 million and later renovated in 1996. He was also the first president of the Texas Ginner's Association and president of Renner's Guaranty State Bank.
Jackson is well known for his support of church, education and progress, having donated land for schools, the Methodist Church and the Cotton Belt Railroad. Having served as president of the Plano ISD board for many years, Frank William Jackson’s support of schools and education was honored with the naming of Jackson Elementary School.