- Academy High School
Sept. 18, 2017 - District Digest, Notable Notes
Best wishes to the following newlyweds - photo gallery
- Lilli Wisler, Barron Elementary intervention specialist, became the bride of Nick Langston on August 5.
- Jennifer Harrison Arbuckle, Boggess Elementary special education team leader, became the bride of Scott Arbuckle on July 23 in St Croix U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Grant Johnson, Plano West Senior High School special education assistant, became the groom of Victoria Smith on July 15. Mother of groom is Danice Johnson, Plano West Senior High School office manager, and brother of the groom is Anders Johnson, Shepton High School special education assistant.
- Deanne Whipple, Barron Elementary fifth grade teacher, became the bride of Austin Heard on July 8.
- Dr. Najah Robinson, Plano West Senior High School special education team leader, became the bride of Floyd Moss III on July 5.
- Melissa Cole Haynie, Stinson Elementary first grade teacher, became the bride of Andrew Haynie on June 24.
- Jessica Collis, Wyatt Elementary fifth grade teacher, became the bride of Alex Johnson on June 17.
- Spring Renz, Shepard Elementary first grade teacher, became the bride of Brad Renz on June 10.
- Jill Thornton, Forman Elementary prek teacher, became the bride of Sean Thornton on June 10.
- Karen Laurinec, English teacher at Vines High School, became the bride of Patrick George Roberts on March 5.
Congratulations to the following parents and grandparents - photo gallery
- Ryan Gafford, special education itinerant teacher for project SEARCH, and his wife Lucy became the proud parents of a daughter Harper Victoria (6 pounds, 23 ounces), on September 9. Proud grandmother, Lynn Gafford, is a former English teacher with Plano ISD.
- Subi Chacko, Pearson Early Childhood School ESL teacher and her husband Jonathan became the proud parents of a son Grant Isaac (6 pounds, 11 ounces) on September 8.
- Ginger Williams, CTE teacher at Clark High School, welcomed her first grandson, Tyson William Lackey, on September 7. Tyson weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and was 20 inches long.
- Congratulations to Kristen Bothman, math teacher at Clark High School, and her husband Brett who welcomed their new baby girl Lillian Annette born September 4 at 11:30 p.m., weighing 7 pounds.
- Elizabeth Jones, eighth grade science teacher, and her husband Andrew became the proud parents of a son Graham Allen Jones on August 26.
- Geri White, Wyatt Elementary secretary, and Maurice White became the proud grandparents of a grandson Carson Adam (7 pounds, 4 ounces) on August 25. Proud parents are Michelle and Bryan Balch of Cornelius, North Carolina.
- Kelly Gonzales, Beaty Early Childhood School prekindergarten teacher, and her husband Matthew Gonzales, Beverly Elementary resource teacher, became the proud parents of daughter, Harper Lea Gonzales (7 pounds, 4 ounces) on August 20 at 9:35 p.m.
- Jackie Gonzales, second grade teacher from Haggar Elementary and her husband Edmundo are the proud parents of Mateo born on August 16, weighing 8 pounds and 20.5 inches long.
- Jackie Edwards, kindergarten teacher at Skaggs Elementary and her husband Cory became the proud parents of a son, Elliot (7 pounds, 4 ounces) on August 14.
- Congratulations to Hendrick Middle School teacher Johnny Matusik whose wife, Noel, gave birth to their son Stephen (7 pounds, 11 ounces) on July 31. Baby Stephen was also welcomed by his big brothers Johnny and Charlie.
- Wyatt Elementary, office manager Debbie Spangler & Steve Spangler became the proud grandparents of a grandson Finn James (6 pounds, 14 ounces) on July 2. Proud parents are Ashley & Bryan Bulte of Austin, Texas.
- Kelly Chang, speech language pathologist at Skaggs Elementary, and her husband Ken (along with big sister Audrey), welcome their second daughter, Riley (5 pounds, 15 ounces) on April 30.
- Elizabeth Doyle, Plano Senior High School, and her husband Ryan became the proud parents of a daughter Millie (7 pounds, 8 ounces) on January 24. Millie also welcomed by big sister Mikayla and uncle Marcus Bernabo, Clark High School.
Sympathy is extended to the following employees and their families
- Sympathy is extended to Glenna Pollett, special education team leader at Vines High School, whose son Bradley Aaron Phillips died on September 7. Bradley was a 2005 graduate of Plano Senior High School.
- Sympathy is extended to Kevin Kennedy, Stinson Elementary assistant principal, and Charlene Kennedy, retired Plano ISD office manager, whose father and husband, Glenn Kennedy died on August 29.
- Sympathy is extended to Lynn Ojeda, principal at Academy High School, whose father Andy Newton died on August 27
- Sympathy is extended to Amy Marciniak, special education coordinator, whose mother Doris Stalmaker, died on August 25.
- Sympathy is extended to the family and friends of Lori Crawford, Murphy Middle School sixth grade math teacher, who passed away on August 24.
- Sympathy is extended to Susan Seward, Shepard Elementary librarian, whose mother Fredda Minick died on July 14.
- Sympathy is extended to Misti Jackson, Stinson Elementary fourth grade teacher, and Monica Jackson-Luckey, Clark High School special education team leader, whose father Carl L. Jackson Jr., a former Plano ISD employee, died on July 11.
Have News to Share?
To submit notable notes about yourself or fellow employees or to submit a news feature to District Digest please mail email@example.com or call 469-752-8030. Photos are a welcome addition to the news and may be shared with eNews editor Debby Hayward in the communications office at Debby.Hayward@pisd.edu. Share via Google or email your photos at the highest resolution available to you. See photo tips on the Plano ISD website publicity requests page.