- Academy High School
Dec. 11, 2017 - Application and Timeline for Trustee Appointment
Updated December 11, 2017
The Plano ISD Board of Trustees met in a special called meeting on December 7 to approve the board member vacancy application and timeline. The online application is now available for community members seeking to be appointed to the vacant Place 6 seat. Applicants are invited to preview the application questions before starting the online application process.
Applications will close on January 3 at 5:00 p.m. The board will review applications and appoint a volunteer to serve until the next school board election in May 2019. The trustee elected in May 2019 would then fill the remaining two years of that seat's four-year term.
If you have questions about the online application, please contact Lesley Range-Stanton, firstname.lastname@example.org or 469.752.8094.
- December 7, 8:30 a.m. — Candidate Questionnaire and Timeline Developed
The board holds a special called meeting to consider and possibly approve a questionnaire for candidates for the Plano ISD Board of Trustees and an associated timeline.
- December 11 — Application Process Opens
The district publishes the candidate questionnaire on the Plano ISD website and uses district communication tools to announce the questionnaire and timeline.
- January 3, 5:00 p.m. — Application Process Closes
Copies of all applications are forwarded to current trustees.
- January 8, 4:30 p.m. — Trustees Review Applications and Select Candidates for Interview
The Board of Trustees holds a special called meeting to review all applications and select candidates to interview.
- January 12, 4:00 p.m. — Trustees Interview Candidates and Begin Deliberation
The Board of Trustees holds a special called meeting to interview candidates and deliberate selection of the new trustee.
- January 14, 4:00 p.m. — Trustees Continue to Deliberate Selection
The Board of Trustees can hold a special called meeting to complete deliberations to select the new trustee, if needed. This meeting can be canceled if it is not needed.
- January 16, 6:00 p.m. — Potential New Trustee Appointment
If the Board of Trustees has selected a candidate to serve as the new trustee until May 2019, the appointment can occur at the regular board meeting on this date.
- January 23, TBD — Potential for Additional Deliberation and New Trustee Appointment
If additional deliberation is needed, the Board of Trustees will hold a special called meeting to continue the deliberation process. If a selection occurs, the board can appoint the selected candidate at the special called meeting. This meeting is not needed if the appointment occurred at a previous meeting.
- February 6, 6:00 p.m. — Potential New Trustee Appointment
If the Board of Trustees has selected a candidate to serve as the new trustee, the appointment can occur at the regular board meeting on this date.