- Academy High School
Return to Headlines
March 21, 2018 - Notable Notes
Best wishes to the following newlyweds
- Maribel Carranza, fourth grade teacher at Jackson Elementary, became the bride of Joe Ramos on February 24.
- Khadija Danawala, Bethany second grade teacher, became the bride of Jeff Lakey on October 21.
- Kelsey Reed, Hightower Elementary first grade teacher, became the bride of Joseph Reed on July 15.
- Keith Laflower, coach and eighth grade English teacher at Robinson Middle School, became the groom of Jessi Laflower on July 7.
- Ben Carter, Robinson Middle School social studies & athletics, became the groom of Tori Oman on June 24.
Congratulations to the following parents and grandparents
- Matt Endsley, Jasper High School Principal, and his wife Holly, became the proud parents of a daughter Mayes Livy, 6 pounds, measuring 19½ inches on January 27. They are happy for the addition of a third daughter.
- Katy Blake, Skaggs Elementary instructional specialist, and her husband Russell, welcomed their third child, Liam Dean Blake 8 pounds, 10 ounces and 19¾ inches long, on January 19.
- Robin Mason, Skaggs Elementary first grade team leader, and her husband Will, became proud parents on January 17 at 11:57 a.m. with the birth of their daughter, Emery Lane Mason, 5 pounds and 9 ounces and 18½ inches long.
- Brittany Shirley, Jasper High School English department team leader, and her husband became early proud parents of daughter Brielle, 2 pounds, 5 ounces, measuring 13 ¾ inches on January 16. Brielle is growing daily, so much so she was moved to McKinney ICU recently which is a great relief for her family!
- Shelly Furlong, Otto Middle School AVID teacher, and her husband Corey, became the proud parents of a daughter, Dakota Ann, weighing 7 pounds, 2 ounces on January 1.
- Jan Thomas, Hunt Elementary, and her husband Mark became the proud grandparents two times! Grandson Kye Robert Middleton, was born on December 13 (to proud parents are Stephen and Jerri Middleton) and granddaughter Walker Gail Thomas was born on December 14 (proud parents are Matt and Shannon Thomas).
- Julie Thrift, Stinson counselor, became the proud mother of Noah, 6 pounds and 13 ounces in November.
- Katherine Delbosque, Armstrong Middle School orchestra teacher, and her husband Rafael became the proud parents of a daughter, Allison Georgiana, 8 pounds, 13 ounces, on November 6.
- Erika Olivo, Skaggs second grade teacher, and her husband Joey, welcomed their fourth child Alexander Martin Olivo, 9 pounds, 7 ounces, on November 6.
- Proud parents Emily and Eddie Rosillo welcomed baby Remus Alejandro on November 2. Remus weighed in at 8 pounds, 3 ounces, with a length of 21.5 inches. Remus is also welcomed by doting big sister, Annelie. Emily is a Plano East alumnus and is the secretary at Plano’s eSchool program.
- Ashala Foppe'-Morris, assistant principal at Hightower Elementary and Danzell Morris became the proud parents of a daughter Aspen Noelle Morris, 6 pounds, 13 ounces, on October 13.
- Gabriel Ramiro, fifth grade teacher at Jackson Elementary, and his wife Christina, became the proud parents of a son Nicolas Alexander Ramiro, born on October 13, weighing 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
- Bryan Quigley, Robinson Middle School PE teacher/ Coach, and Erica became proud parents of a baby boy, Connor Patrick Quigley, 8 pounds, 6 ounces and 21 inches, on September 20.
- Melissa Johnson, kindergarten teacher at Jackson Elementary, and her husband Sebastian, became the proud parents of a daughter, Abigail Kay Johnson, born on August 14 weighing 6 pounds, 12 ounces.
Sympathy is extended to the following employees and their families
- Sympathy is extended to Ann Hardy, Plano Regional Day School Program for the Deaf secretary, on the passing of her brother, Tim Reily, on February 8.
- Sympathy is extended to the Business Services staff and the family of Kathy Nichols, payroll coordinator, who passed away on February 5.
- Sympathy is extended to Sarah Quintanilla, Deaf Ed itinerant teacher Cox building and Pat Lawrence, retired Dyslexia Specialist for Murphy Middle School, whose grandma/mom Ruth Willson passed away peacefully on January 23 and grandfather/father Marshall Willson of Avon Lake Ohio, passed away on February 15.
- Sympathy is extended to Ronald Somera who lost his father, Noberto S. Somera, on December 20.
- Sympathy is extended to Bethany Baird, Rose Haggar Elementary second grade, whose grandfather passed away.
- Sympathy is extended to Jill Stoker, Mathews Elementary principal, whose father-in-law, Patrick Stoker passed away on Thursday, November 2.
- Sympathy is extended to Cristina Kargozar, bilingual assistant at Jackson Elementary, whose brother Alejandro Martínez Guerra, died on October 22.
If you have information to share in Notable Notes regarding births, deaths and marriages of employees at your school or department, please email email@example.com. Photos are a welcome addition to the news.