This Friday near the Fishbowl. Chocolate, glazed and donut holes.
Beyond the Book
Wednesday, February 26
4:30 - 5pm in Mrs. Reyt's room (A218)
Behond the Book works to set refugees up for success through book club. Join us for our first meeting to learn about volunteer and fundraiser opportunities!
Wednesday, February 26
United States Army
Beginning February 11th, a maximum of 50 students will be allowed in the library during each lunch.
February is Black History Month
ATTENTION STUDENTS TAKING AP EXAMS
If you are taking a one semester AP course this semester you should have logged into your College Board account and “joined” your teacher’s class using the “join code” provided by your teacher.
You are now ready to pay for the exam(s). You may do so by credit card via PAYPAMS. (A $3.00 service fee per exam is assessed when using this system.) OR you may bring exact cash or a check made out to PSHS to the Counseling office during zero hour or after 5th period until 4:30 pm.
AP exam fees for the 2019-2020 school year are $94.00 per exam.
Free or reduced lunch-eligible students qualify for a reduced exam fee of $10.00 per exam.
All fees must be paid by the FINAL AP EXAM ORDER DEADLINE Friday, February 28th, to have an exam ordered for you.
If you are in a full year course and did not pay for your AP exam last semester, you will incur a $40 late order fee.
If you choose to cancel an exam after the AP exam order has been placed, a $40 cancellation fee will be deducted from your refund.
JUNIOR CLASS RANK
Class rank and GPA for Juniors will be available in the Registrar’s Office beginning MONDAY FEBRUARY 3rd.
You MUST have your student ID.
We will not give out this information during class time – before and after school, lunch, and passing periods only.
Updated Class Rank and GPA is available in the Registrar’s Office.
You must have your student ID with you.
Please DO NOT come during class period even if you do not have a class.
If you are applying to a Common App school you WILL need to send them a transcript as well as notifying your Counselor to be sure all documents are uploaded in a timely manner.
You may request your MIDYEAR transcripts through Naviance now. If you accidentally requested midyears last fall, you must request them again.
VERIFICATION OF ENROLLMENT
Do you need a VOE? You need to come to the Student Center and sign up 24 hours before you need it.
RULES OF THE ROAD
- MUST BE WEARING A PLANO SENIOR ID
- NO PHONES - PHONES MUST BE TURNED IN WHEN CHECKING IN.
- NO BACKPACKS – LEAVE AT THE FRONT DESK WHEN CHECKING IN.
- YOU MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO DO (I.E. CLASS ASSIGNMENTS, READ A BOOK, ETC.).
- WHERE YOU SIT AND WHO YOU SIT WITH ARE UP TO THE TEACHERS IN THE LIBRARY.
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IF YOU ARE
- NOT ENGAGED
IF YOU’RE ASKED TO LEAVE AND REFUSE, OR YOU ARE DISRESPECTFUL TO THE STAFF IN THE LIBRARY, YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER WAY TO COMPLETE YOUR MAKEUP HOURS.
We ask that students adhere to community standards of modesty.
*** Tank tops (boys and girls), tube tops, halter type blouses or mesh shirts will NOT be permitted.
- Dresses or skirts must be longer than fingertips.
- Shirts should overlap the waistband of skirts, shorts, or pants.
- Students in grades 3-12 may wear shorts but must meet the following standards:
- Must be loose-fitting; no biking shorts, cutoffs, boxer shorts or combination thereof.
- Must be hemmed or cuffed.
- Length must be to the fingertips or longer.
- Items with provocative, offensive, violent, or drug-related pictures or slogans will not be permitted. Items advertising alcoholic beverages or tobacco products will not be permitted.
- No gang paraphernalia.
You can find the dress code online at https://www.pisd.edu/Page/1756.
STUDENT PARKING PASSES:
Student Parking Passes can be picked up in the ACE room, C102 in the morning between 7:45 and 8:50 and during BOTH LUNCHES or an “off” period. Do not come during your class time. You MUST present your DRIVER LICENSE and CURRENT INSURANCE CARD in order to receive your Parking Pass. If you purchased your Pass online, be sure to bring your receipt. You must pre-register your vehicle in Parent Portal before picking up your pass.
WE ARE NOW TOWING. PURCHASE YOUR PERMIT ASAP!
Remember DO NOT park in:
Student Congress spots when those spots get sold and painted. You will get towed.
Any questions please come to ACE, C102 or call Julie Pancake at 469-752-9487.
**STUDENTS YOU MUST HAVE A CURRENT 2019-20 PARKING STICKER DISPLAYED IN YOUR FRONT VEHICLE WINDOW ABOVE YOUR REGISTRATION STICKER IN ORDER TO PARK IN THE STUDENT PARKNG LOTS AT PSHS. IF YOU CHOOSE TO PARK IN A NON-ALLOWED AREA YOU WILL RISK YOUR VEHICLE BEING TOWED AT YOUR EXPENSE.
You must sign in and sign out!!
If you arrive late to school please go to the student center to sign in.
If you leave early please bring a note from a parent with permission to leave. If you have an unexpected appointment, come to the student center and we can get permission.
All ABSENCE NOTES must be turned in within 3 DAYS UPON RETURN, bring to the student center.
Please note Absent Failure can happen. You could lose credit for nonattendance. You must be in attendance 90% of the school year.
All notes need to be turned into the Student Center. Do not give them to your teachers.
VARSITY GIRLS @ Brookhaven, Mon. Feb. 24th in Farmers Branch.
JV GIRLS AND BOYS @ Watters Creek JV District Tournament, Wed. Feb. 26th in Plano.
VARSITY BOYS @ Cottonwood - Regional Preview, Fri. Feb. 28th and Sat. Feb. 29th in Waco.
VARSITY WILDCATS @ McKinney North Tournament , Thu. Feb. 27th - Sat. Feb. 29th.
2/27 vs. Liberty @ McKinney North @ 4:30pm.
2/28 vs. Newman Smith @ McKinney North @ 4:00pm.
2/28 vs. McKinney North @ McKinney North @ 6:30pm.
2/29 vs. Wakeland @ McKinney North @ 4:30pm.
- JV WILDCATS @ Plano East JV Tournament , Thu. Feb. 27th - Sat. Feb. 29th. Time TBD.
JV & VARSITY WILDCATS vs. Lewisville, Tue. Feb. 25th @ PSHS. JV plays @ 5:00pm and Varsity plays @ 7:00pm.
VARSITY WILDCATS @ Allen Tournament , Thu. Feb. 27th - Sat. Feb. 29th @ Allen. Time TBD.
JV WILDCATS @ JV Prosper Tournament , Thu. Feb. 27th - Sat. Feb. 29th @ Prosper. Time TBD.
- LADY WILDCATS vs. McKinney, Tue. Feb 25th @ McKinney. JV plays @ 5:45pm and Varsity plays @ 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS vs. McKinney, Tue. Feb 25th @ Clark East. JV plays @ 5:45pm and Varsity plays @ 7:30pm.
- LADY WILDCATS vs. Plano East, Fri. Feb 28th @ Clark Stadium. JV plays @ 5:45pm and Varsity plays @ 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS vs. Plano East, Fri. Feb 28th @ Kimbrough Stadium. JV plays @ 5:45pm and Varsity plays @ 7:30pm.