- Plano Independent School District
- Plano ISD Headlines
Oct. 26, 2017 - District Digest, Notable Notes
Best wishes to the following newlyweds
- Katie Heistand, Barksdale special education assistant, became the bride of Jerad Ludlow on September 30.
- Kathy Thompson, Saigling Elementary second grade teacher, became the bride of Jimmy Loftin on September 18
- Megean Romero, Hedgcoxe Elementary assistant special education, became the bride of Cameron Garza on September 16
Congratulations to the following parents and grandparents
On October 2, Elementary Instructional Specialist, Scott Scarbrough and his wife Megan welcomed the birth of their daughter Abigail Nicole McSherry Scarbrough (7 pounds, 8 ounces).
- David Hall, Jasper High School math teacher, and his wife became the proud parents of a daughter Elsa Mila Hall on Sept 25.
- Shannon Reeves, athletics department and Brook Reeves, coach at Boggess and Plano East Senior High became the proud grandparents of grandson Breaker Paul Martinez who was born on September 20. He was 5-weeks premature, and he weighed 6.1 pounds and measured 19.5 inches long. Parents are Charles and Andrea Martinez.
Boggess Special Education Teacher Sarah Carter and her husband Rhett Carter, AP and IB U.S. history teacher at Plano East Senior High, became the proud parents of a daughter Genevieve “Evie” Dean Carter, born on September 17 weighing 5 pounds 6 ounces and 18 ¼ inches long.
- Ashley Pena, Pearson Early Childhood School paraprofessional and Jayman became the proud parents of a daughter Brylee (7 pounds, 4 ounces) on September 14.
- Kristi Graham, Hedgcoxe Elementary principal, became the proud grandparent of a granddaughter Lyla Marie Martinez (19.25 inches and 7 pounds, 8 ounces) on September 8. Proud parents are Taelor and Chris Martinez of Roanoke, Texas.
- Laura Morgan, Dooley Elementary special education team leader, and her husband Dan became the proud parents of daughter Scottie Pearl on June 1.
Sympathy is extended to the following employees and their families
Sympathy is extended to Jasma Alvarez, Rose Haggar Elementary, fourth grade teacher, whose aunt and grandmother passed away in September.
Sympathy is extended to Robert Dissinger, Robinson Middle School Texas history teacher, seventh grade team leader and U.S. Army Reservist, whose father, Harold Dissinger, died on September 27.
Sympathy is extended to Anthony Perry, Rose Haggar Elementary, fifth grade teacher, whose mother passed away on September 24.
Sympathy is extended to Kristin Arrambide, Otto Middle School teacher whose brother, Derek John Heimstra, passed away on September 21.
Sympathy is extended to Norma Jones, Otto Middle School parent liaison, whose brother, Bobby Vasquez, died on September 4.
Sympathy is extended to the family and friends of Lori Crawford, Murphy Middle School sixth grade math teacher. Lori dedicated 20 years to her teaching career in Plano ISD and passed away on August 24.
- Sympathy is extended to Ann Campbell, Haun Elementary PE teacher, whose father, Davis Horne, died on August 4.
Have News to Share?
To submit notable notes about yourself or fellow employees or to submit a news feature to District Digest please mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469-752-8030. Photos are a welcome addition to the news and may be shared with eNews editor Debby Hayward in the communications office at Debby.Hayward@pisd.edu. Share via Google or email your photos at the highest resolution available to you. See photo tips on the Plano ISD website publicity requests page.