- Plano Independent School District
- Plano ISD Headlines
Jun, 24, 2019 - International GENIUS Olympiad Final Results
June 24, 2019
The final competition of the GENIUS Olympiad was held June 18 - 21 at the State University of New York, Oswego campus. All grand through bronze winners in the science category will submit their research to the International Journal of High School Research to be peer-reviewed and published. Four tiers of awards and gifts were presented in accordance to the student’s total score within the discipline:
- Grand Gold Award: To the top one project in each category
- Gold Medal: To top 10 % of the participants.
- Silver Medal: To top 90-70% of the participants.
- Bronze Medal: To top 70-50% of the participants.
- Honorable Mention: To top 50-20% of the participants
Congratulations to the following Plano ISD winners in the science competition:
- Harshika Jha, Plano West Senior High School, Manipulation of Alpha Particle Trajectories through the Development of Non Quantum Modular Light Emitting Micro Controllers for Industrial Applications
- Navya Ramakrishnan, Jasper High School, An Intelligent System for the Early Detection of Eye Diseases that Lead to Irreversible Vision Loss
- Andrei Spiride, Plano East Senior High School, Theraarm: Low Cost Orthosis Therapy for Arm Rehabilitation and Movement Assistance
- Rajiv Swamy and Rekha Swamy, Plano East Senior High School, See through the Rubble: A Mobile Bioradar Life Detection System for Search and Rescue Following Natural Disasters
- John Rho, Shepton High School, Cost Effective, High Efficiency Remediation of Air Pollution (Fine Particulate Matter (PM2.5) and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCS)) Through an Automated Trash Derived Purification Apparatus
About the GENIUS Olympiad
The GENIUS Olympiad focuses on all aspects of global environmental issues with the following goals: to enable high school students around the world to cope with environmental problems, to elicit their abilities to produce solutions; to inspire high school students to contribute to the protection and improvement of the environment; to equip young generations with environmental consciousness; to provide a forum for youth from around the world to come together and share ideas; to inform the public about global environmental problems.
More information can be found on the GENIUS Olympiad website.