- Plano Independent School District
Plano Families First Fall Fair: Free
September 24, 2021
Plano residents and Plano ISD families are welcome to the third-annual Plano Families First Fall Fair which will take place Saturday, Oct. 16, from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the Plano Event Center (2000 E. Spring Creek Pkwy).
Thanks to a variety of community sponsors and partners, the event will provide free health and human services in an effort to alleviate the hardships thousands of Plano families have experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic. While a few of the health services will be indoors, most of the fair will be held outdoors. Masks are strongly encouraged, and social distancing and other safety measures will be in place. Proof of residency is required.
Available on a first-come, first-serve basis, services will include:
- Free flu shots for adults (provided by Texas Health Plano Presbyterian)
- Free flu shots for children (provided by The Caring Foundation of Texas)
- Dental screenings and fluoride varnishes (for children only)
- Several community resource booths with helpful information on year-round services available to Plano families
- Plano ISD students may receive free school supply packets to the first 200 school-age children thanks to Liberty Mutual. Complete this supply distribution form in advance if possible.
- The Plano Public Library will offer free books and other giveaways
- Family-friendly activities, from kids crafts
- CPR instruction from the Plano Fire Department
- Inflatables and entertainment
- A musical “petting zoo” where children learn and play with musical instruments provided by the Plano Symphony Orchestra
- Spiderman and Wonder Woman will give away superhero masks and hold “How To Be A Superhero” sessions throughout the morning
To help Plano residents get back to work, the job fair – presented by the Plano Chamber of Commerce – will feature a variety of employers looking to fill numerous positions. Fair goers can also get tips on resume development and have a free LinkedIn photo taken by a professional photographer.
Volunteers are needed. To volunteers to help at the Fair: Volunteers must be 21 and older or 16 and older with an accompanying adult.
Fair sponsors are Boeing, Children’s Health, City of Plano, Plano ISD, Liberty Mutual, Capital One and Texas Health Plano Presbyterian. For more information and to sign up as a volunteer, go to planofamiliesfirst.com.