February 24, 2023
The Plano ISD Communications Department was honored with earning five state awards at the annual Texas School Public Relations Association (TSPRA) conference awards banquet on February 22, 2023, at the Omni Hotel Fort Worth.
TSPRA recognizes communicators in school districts, education foundations, education associations and organizations for their work in print and electronic media. 47 categories make up the awards celebration and include newsletters, programs, press releases, posters, reports, writing, image/identity packages, photography, graphics, video, electronic presentations, mobile apps, campaigns, events, and websites.
Plano ISD competed in the "more than 40,000 students" category against districts from across the state. An independent panel of judges evaluated and scored each entry based on its own merit. A set of criteria determined Bronze, Silver, and Gold Stars to award.
Plano ISD received the following awards:
Gold Star Award - Video Live Event Non-Sports - Plano ISD Convocation 2021: Back to the Future
Gold Star Award - Handbook/Manual - Plano ISD Return to School Plan 2021-2022
Gold Star Award - Print Materials in a Language Other than English - Plan de Regreso a la Escuela de Plano ISD 2021-2022
Silver Star Award - Program - Teacher of the Year Gala
Silver Star Award - Holiday/Greeting Card - Kindness Cards
The Plano ISD Communications Department consists of:
- Lesley Range-Stanton: Chief Communications Officer
- Shauna Koehne: Director of Communications
- Zoheb Hassanali: Assistant Director of Communications, Public Relations, & Social Media
- Millicent Haynes: Assistant Director of Communications, Community Engagement and Events
- Atakan Berkmen: Assistant Director of Broadcasting
- Gloriane Fernandez: Policy, Elections & Operations Manager
- Lan Hardy: Communications Specialist
- Brian Hunt: Video Production Specialist
- Mitchell Jackson: Communications Specialist
- Rina Nittolo: Office Manager / Administrative Assistant
- Barbara Monroe: Secretary
The Texas School Public Relations Association (TSPRA) is a nonprofit, professional organization dedicated to promoting public schools through effective communications. TSPRA, an award-winning chapter of the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA), was chartered in 1962 and incorporated in 1977.