- Plano East
Attendance at Sporting Events Information
Attendance at Sporting Events
We are excited to begin our athletic season this coming Tuesday, September 15th with our first Varsity volleyball game. As everything else, things will look a little different at the games. Here is a list of things you should know before you attend:
- Tickets must be purchased online for the games. You can purchase tickets when you get to the game, but you will have to do so online. Our ticket taker will simply be scanning pre-purchased tickets at the door. add info about purchasing tickets here.
- There will be a limited number of seats to each event. We must comply with state health guidelines and UIL established protocols for UIL events. We encourage you to get tickets early to ensure you have a seat. Each different type of event (football game, volleyball game etc.) has a different max number. More details for football tickets will come out soon.
- Each person attending the game will be required to prescreen themselves and if they say yes to any of the questions, they will not be allowed to enter.
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times unless eating. Please help us with this to keep everyone safe. No one will be allowed to enter if they do not have a facemask.
- Every other row will be designated for no seating to establish social distancing. We ask that family groups sit together and that there be six feet of separation between each family group.
- For games at our gym, no visitor will be allowed to enter the gym floor. After games, families are encouraged to meet at their car or outside. They typical visiting after the game on the court will not be allowed to keep everyone safe.
Some things will remain the same however; here are some expectations for students and families that attend the games:
- We encourage our students to yell and cheer our teams on. Our focus should be on our teams and build them up and cheer them on to victory, not directed at the other team, players, or referees!
- Students are expected to keep feet off the railing at the football stadiums to prevent accidental falls.
- Students are expected to stay in the stands during sporting events in our gym. Students should have both feet in the stands. The first row of bleachers are not to be used.
There are specific stadium rules we would like to share with everyone. Below are the specific rules PISD ask all patrons to follow.
Spectators may not enter the stadium with backpacks or duffle bags. Staff and security personnel, at their sole discretion, may determine what constitutes a prohibited backpack or duffle bag.
- Bags, purses and packages carried by spectators will be opened and inspected by security personnel or staff prior to entry into the stadium.
- Alcoholic beverages, outside food or drink items, tobacco products and weapons are prohibited.
- Spectators are prohibited from bringing footballs or other balls into the stadium.
- Persons in possession of prohibited items or who refuse inspection of bags and/or packages will not be permitted to enter the stadium. Persons who violate these stadium rules may be ejected without refund.
- Body painting, other than on the face area, is not allowed.
- All signs must be positive, appropriate, promote the participants and not be unduly distracting or block the view of others.
- Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
- Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto the field.
- Air horns are prohibited per UIL rules.
- Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
- Powder or throwing of powder is prohibited.