- Vines High
Important School Info!
STAAR Testing Dates and Information
Click this link: 2021 STAAR Testing (EOC) for English I & II
PSAT Testing Schedule
Click Here for Upcoming Dates
Test Prep Self Enrollment Available
As a result of our partnership with Edgenuity, we are able to provide our High School students with the opportunity to self-enroll in the following test prep courses: ACT, ASVAB, PSAT, SAT, and TSIA2.
These courses are designed to be asynchronous in order to allow students to work through these courses at their own pace.
Instructions on how to enroll in these courses are linked below.
Community Assistance from Storms
Last week's storms took a toll on much of our Vines community, and we know that many families may be needing some extra support and assistance right now. Below are a list of resources and sites that may be able to help.
- Plano Recovers Website (City of Plano)
- Collin County Food Pantries
- List of Storm Relief Resources (from NBC)
- PISD Student, Family, and Community Services Site
If your family is struggling, please reach out to our PISD or Vines staff and counselors. We are here to help and support you as best we can.
Las tormentas de la semana pasada afectaron a gran parte de nuestra comunidad de nuestra escuela Vines, y sabemos que muchas familias pueden necesitar apoyo y asistencia adicional en este momento. A continuación, se incluye una lista de recursos y sitios que pueden ayudar a su familia.
- Plano Se Recupera Sitio Web (Ciudad de Plano) - Use el boton a la esquina derecha para traducir la pagina al Español.
- Despensas de alimentos del condado de Collin
- Lista de recursos de alivio de tormentas (del canal de noticias NBC)
- Sitio web de PISD
Si su familia está luchando, comuníquese con nuestro personal y consejeros del distrito de Plano o nuestra escuela Vines. Estamos aquí para ayudarlo y apoyarlo lo mejor que podamos.
Stadium Reminders for Students
As football games begin this week for high school and senior high teams, and next week for middle school teams, please include the following information in your daily announcements and communication efforts to students.
- All spectators must complete the COVID-19 self-screening
- The PISD bag policy will be in place
- Face coverings are required
- Social distancing is expected in all areas of the stadium including the student section
- Congregating in the concourse area or walkways will not be allowed
- Tickets are available online only
- Rides should be arranged in advance for transportation home in a timely manner
Communities in Schools
Please join us as we welcome a new program here at Vines High School, Communities In Schools! Their mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. Join the call to figure out if this is a program which can benefit your child and your family to a healthy life with a brighter future. Can't wait to meet you all!
Reminder - Hybrid Schedule Information for High School/Senior High
In order to meet the TEA requirement for the number of hours of instruction on campus, we must include an additional day for Cohort A students during the second 9-weeks for all high school and senior high school campuses. This is scheduled for Monday, November 2. Therefore, face-to-face students in Cohort A will attend school on Nov. 2 and School@Home students in Cohort A will have a synchronous day on November 2.