- Plano Independent School District
- Board Video Archives
March 6, 2018
Watch Video: March 6, 2018 (Length: 1:48:05)
The Plano ISD Board of Trustees met on Tuesday, March 6, 2018, at the Plano ISD Administration Center.
- Board Secretary Nancy Humphrey provided an inspirational message.
- Board President Missy Bender welcomed grand prize winners of the elementary regional science and the district secondary science fairs. The students introduced themselves and their winning science fair projects, and Board Vice President David Stolle presented them with certificates.
- Recent One Act Play Competition winners from Frankford and Renner Middle Schools led the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Emily Kondrat, Vines High School, 9th grade all-state choir, sang the National Anthem.
- The board congratulated all of the students for their outstanding achievements.
- A presentation of students who have achieved success at state, national and international levels is available.
- Joe Parks, executive director of safety and security services, acknowledged bus driver Robert Krause and bus assistant Jayshree Panchal for their actions following a traffic accident that occurred in mid-January. The board recognized and commended Mr. Krause and Ms.
Panchal for demonstrating exceptional professionalism and attention to duty that serve as an example for all PISD employees. Board Vice President David Stolle distributed certificates.
- Kathy Kuddes, director of fine arts, gave a presentation highlighting the district’s fine arts program. Ms. Kuddes recognized fine arts staff in attendance. The board commended the fine arts program for their many accomplishments.
- There were no speakers regarding agenda items during the public comment portion of the agenda.
- Presentations and supporting documents for agenda items may be viewed on BoardBook.
- The board took the following actions or heard the following reports:
- Items on the consent agenda were approved.
- Laurie Taylor, executive director for elementary academic services, presented a report of
academic services support of focus campuses.
- Lesley Range-Stanton, executive director of communications, provided the proposed
Board Communication Plan.
- The board pulled TASB Localized Policy Manual Update 109 scheduled for review under second reading. This update will be presented at a subsequent meeting.
- The board adopted CW(LOCAL) Naming Facilities under second reading.
- The board adopted FFAC(LOCAL) Wellness and Health Services: Medical Treatment under second reading.
- The board approved policy EIC(LOCAL) Academic Achievement: Class Ranking under first reading. This policy will be presented under second reading at a subsequent meeting.
- The board reviewed EI(EXHIBIT G) Academic Achievement under second reading.
- There were four speakers regarding non-agenda items.