- Plano Independent School District
- Board Video Archives
October 2, 2018
Watch Video: October 2, 2018 (Length: 00:55:30)
The Plano ISD Board of Trustees met on Tuesday, October 2, 2018, at the Plano ISD Administration Center.
- School Board Vice President Dr. Yoram Solomon provided an inspirational message.
- Board President Missy Bender welcomed the Junior Reserve Officer’s Training Corps Color Guard from the Plano Senior High School Wildcat Battalion. These student representatives posted the colors and led the Pledge of Allegiance.
- The board recognized and congratulated the 112 National Merit Semifinalists from Plano East, Plano and Plano West Senior High Schools for their outstanding achievements and thanked the parents, teachers and administrators that are behind these success stories.
- In recognition of National Principals Month, the board expressed gratitude to principals as instructional leaders of their campuses recognizing the importance of their roles, applauding their contributions to their profession and celebrating their commitment to providing an excellent education for each student.
- There were no speakers regarding agenda items during the public comment portion of the agenda.
- Presentations and supporting documents for agenda items may be viewed on BoardBook.
- The board took the following actions or heard the following reports:
- Items on the consent agenda were approved.
- As part of the consent agenda, the following administrative appointment was announced:
- Angela Marks-Cosby, Director of Accounting
- Randy McDowell, chief financial officer, and Linda Madon, executive director for financial services, presented information about the district’s investment policy, strategies and training providers as required annually by the Public Funds Investment Act. Scott McIntyre, managing director of First Southwest Asset Management, presented an annual report on the investment portfolio. The board adopted a resolution approving investment policy, investment strategies, investment training providers and investment broker dealers.
- Item. VIII.B. Consideration and possible board action to send notice of proposed termination for good cause of a term contract employee was pulled by administration.
- The board approved an additional appointment to the Gifted and Talented Board Advisory Committee as presented.
- The board approved the Board Advisory Committee goals for the 2018-19 school year.
- The board adopted TASB Localized Policy Manual Update 111 with revisions to policy BBD(LOCAL) Board Members: Orientation and Training, BE(LOCAL) Board Meetings, FB(LOCAL) Equal Educational Opportunity and FFFA(LOCAL) Wellness and Health Services: Physical Examinations under second reading as presented by Karla Oliver, assistant superintendent for government, community and planning initiatives.
- There was one speaker regarding non-agenda items.