Are new schools/facilities included in the bond proposal?
Yes. Plano ISD has included $129 million in the bond proposal to purchase property and to construct new facilities that will increase classroom capacity across the school district and expand program offerings for students and teachers. View more detail in this 9/17/2015 New Schools presentation to task force and read more about these proposed facilities in related FAQs on this web page.
- New elementary school - planned for future growth
- Special education transition center (9/17/2015 presentation to task force )
- *Employee child care center #3
- Early childhood school #4
- Plano ISD performing arts and multipurpose facility (12/3/2015 presentation to task force )
- Land purchases for the special education transition center, employee childcare center #3, elementary school and performing arts and multipupose facility)
*The district offers a child care program for the children of teachers, wherein district employees pay out of pocket for the operating costs. More space is needed and there are long waiting lists for this valued service. The district currently has two employee child care centers. This bond package would allow for construction of a third center.