The Plano ISD Voter Approval Tax Rate Election will be listed as Proposition A toward the bottom of your ballot. To view your complete sample ballot, visit the Collin County Elections webpage.
A few things to note:
- The tax rate listed ($1.25975) is a decrease of $0.06100 from last year’s tax rate.
- The amount shown as an increase ($38,650,820) reflects gross tax collections budgeted over the prior year due to increased property values.
- It does not take recapture into account.
- The net revenue generated by PISD will be approximately $9 million.
- Although the ballot states that there will be an increase to the Maintenance & Operations tax revenue for the district, there will also be a decrease on both the M&O tax rate (decrease of $0.02935) and the Interest & Sinking tax rate (decrease of $0.03165).
- The additional revenue that results from the VATRE will fund daily operational costs such as teacher and staff salaries, student programs, and maintaining security for the students of Plano ISD.