Plano ISD - Website Accessibility Statement
The Plano Independent School District is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities have the same access to its electronic and information technologies that are available to people without disabilities, including content made available through the use of our websites. Plano ISD is committed to compliance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 and Title II. Web sites used by Plano ISD should provide substantially similar functionality, experience, and information access to individuals with disabilities as it provides to others. Examples of information technologies covered by this policy include websites, electronic documents, and videos. To accomplish this, Plano ISD will strive to meet or exceed the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA.
The policy aligns with:
- the Plano ISD mission to provide an excellent education for each student.
- the PISD Strategic Goals to: Close opportunity and achievement gaps through pervasive learner focused support; Build support and value an innovative, learning and mission-driven organizational culture
- the PISD obligations under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- the Americans with Disability Act of 1990 together with its 2008 Amendments.
- Plano ISD Policy FB(LOCAL) – Equal Education Opportunity.
- Plano ISD Policy CQ(EXHIBIT) - Technology Resources.
- Resources that can help individuals and PISD campuses and departments understand and meet their obligations under this policy include: IT Accessibility Checklist