Plano ISD - Website Accessibility Statement
The Plano Independent School District is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities have the same access to its electronic and information technologies that are available to people without disabilities, including content made available through the use of our websites.
Plano ISD is committed to compliance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 and Title II. Web sites used by Plano ISD should provide substantially similar functionality, experience, and information access to individuals with disabilities as it provides to others.
Examples of information technologies covered by this policy include websites, electronic documents, and videos. To accomplish this, Plano ISD will strive to meet or exceed the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA.
The statement aligns with:
- the Plano ISD Mission: Our Plano ISD learning community will educate, inspire and empower every student to activate their unique potential in a dynamic world.
- the Plano ISD Strategic Plan
- Pillar 1: Learning and Teaching - All students will have access to a culture of high expectations coupled with an engaging, innovative, personalized and supportive learning environment.
- Pillar 4: Culture of Community - Plano ISD embraces the diverse community in which we live and work and will foster partnerships that are beneficial to the education of our students and meet the needs of our families.
- the PISD obligations under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- the Americans with Disability Act of 1990 together with its 2008 Amendments.
- Plano ISD Policy FB(LOCAL) – Equal Education Opportunity.
- Plano ISD Policy CQ(EXHIBIT) - Technology Resources.
- Resources that can help individuals and PISD campuses and departments understand and meet their obligations under this policy include: IT Accessibility Checklist