Parents as Partners in Cybersecurity & Online Safety
Plano ISD encourages parents as partners with the following district technology tools/programs and organizations.
GoGuardian Parent App
- Plano ISD families have access to GoGuardian Parent, a mobile app that gives parents/guardians the ability to manage and monitor student activity on school-issued Chromebooks during out-of-school hours. GoGuardian Parent is a companion to the classroom management and internet filtering tools that our district uses during the school day.
- Information and App Installation https://www.pisd.edu/goguardian
- For grades Early Childhood through 5th Grade.
- Parents/Guardians can use the Seesaw App (iOS, Android) to be actively involved in their child's learning.
- View your child's progress, communicate with the teacher to receive class information/announcements, "like" your child's work, and more.
- Seesaw for Families page https://www.pisd.edu/Page/25268
- Here you'll find information on online safety tips, cyberbullying, social media privacy settings, establishing family norms, and more.
- Resources under the "Parents" dropdown menu https://www.pisd.edu/digcit
- Creating awareness and guidance around protecting your personal information, avoiding phishing scams, reporting an incident, digital citizenship, and more.
PTA and Counselors
- PTAs (Parent-Teacher Associations) and the Counseling Departments work with the Digital Learning Team to bring parent learning opportunities like the Digital Citizenship & Online Safety class (link to video) to campuses to involve parents in supporting their children's use of technology.
Parent Liaisons and PEEP
- PISD Instructional Technology partners with the PISD Federal Programs Department's campus-based Parent Liaisons to engage families of Title I campuses.
- PEEP (Plano ISD Parent Education & Engagement) is committed to engaging families in the education of their children and building capacity in all PISD schools to implement family engagement strategies and activities designed to achieve the district and student academic achievement goals. Check the calendar for parent education classes on digital citizenship and online safety.