Digital Learning and Creation Resources
See also Digital Tools to Support Learning.
Below are just a few of MANY resources that can help you. Please contact a member of the Digital Learning Team to partner with you in your digital learning endeavors.
⭐ = Educators have a premium license to this tool. See our We have a license for that! page for the full list.
What is Digital Learning?
What is Digital Learning?
Digital learning is when we use technology to enhance or extend learning. It could be when students use Chromebooks to build a Padlet in a Science classroom or when a teacher uses Pear Deck to deliver a lesson with Google Tools. The examples are countless! In general, when a digital tool is effectively integrated with high-quality instruction to reach a learning target, that's digital learning.
Digital learning brings many positive benefits in addition to reaching the learning target. Students have authentic ways of increasing digital literacy and media literacy. It provides many opportunities for learners to model positive digital citizenship. In Chromebook classrooms, digital tools for accessibility can easily be woven into the lesson so that all students can be successful.
Lessons can be designed as student-paced, teacher-paced, or independent learning. Lessons can be fully online or a hybrid/blended model. Teachers have the flexibility to personalize and individualize learning for students because of the rich variety of technology tools.
The ISTE Standards are a framework for students, educators, administrators, coaches, and computer science educators to rethink education and create innovative learning environments. The standards are helping educators and education leaders worldwide re-engineer schools and classrooms for digital age learning, no matter where they are on the journey to effective
Adobe Creative Cloud Express (Spark) ⭐
Visit our Hotspot Spark page: pisd.edu/spark
Adobe Spark is an online and mobile design app that lets you and your students easily and quickly create:
- Narrated videos
- Printed material
- Writing assignments
Visit our Hotspot Flipgrid page: pisd.edu/flipgrid
Submit videos in Flipgrid to learn in a social setting. "Where social learning happens."
Flipgrid is where social and emotional learning happens! The leading video discussion platform for millions of PreK to PhD educators, students, and families.
Visit our Hotspot Formative Assessment page: pisd.edu/fa
- Common Sense Media Education Product Reviews
- Example of a Class Formative Assessment - Personal Learning Journey
- Professional Development Resources for Student-Centered Formative Assessments
- LOTS of resources to support formative assessment (e.g. EdPuzzle, Flipgrid, Quizlet Live, and many more!).
Formative/Summative Assessment Digital Choice Board
Visit our Hotspot HyperDocs page: pisd.edu/hyperdocs
A HyperDoc is "a transformative and interactive Google Doc that replaces the standard lecture and worksheet method of delivering instruction."
- The Creators of Hyperdocs, @kellyihilton, @lhighfill, @sarahlandis
- Six Stages of Hyperdoc Learning Cycle - Explore the six stages of the Hyperdoc learning cycle.
- Tech Integration Hyperdoc - Experience how students navigate through a Hyperdoc while learning how to create an effective tech integration design.
- Maniac Magee Novel Study Hyperdoc
- Learn all about Hyperdocs from Dora DeBoer's presentation - Learning with Hyperdocs
Gain a deeper understanding of ISTE Standards, SAMR, TPACK, and TIM by experiencing the following HyperDoc:
Kami (Digital Annotation) ⭐
Visit our Hotspot Kami page: pisd.edu/kami
Kami allows students and teachers to annotate on ebooks, images, publisher-supplied PDFs, worksheets, and more.
Secondary teachers have premium Kami accounts! Elementary teachers have premium access until May 2021.
- Highlight, Underline, Strikethrough
- Add text
- Draw Shapes
- Freehand Drawing
- Active Stylus Support
- Google Drive Autosave
- Scanned Document Support (OCR)
- Support for Microsoft Office Files, Apple iWorks, and Images
All this and it's AD FREE!
Padlet.com - "Make beautiful boards, documents, and webpages that are easy to read and fun to contribute to." Padlet is an online collaborate board. You are limited to three Padlets on a free account.
- Knowledge Base
- 30 Ways to Use Padlet in the Classroom
- Educational Ways to Use Padlet
- Math Explanations example:
- 100 Ways for Teachers to Use Padlet:
Deliver personalized content that will deepen student learning within the context of engaging lesson design with built-in formative assessments to guide instruction. Click HERE to open the infographic in a new window.
Visit our Hotspot WeVideo page: pisd.edu/wevideo
- WeVideo is an online video editor
- PISD users have access to premium videos, audio, and images
- Record your voice (think narration!)
- Green screen tools
- Record your screen
- Teachers can create groups for students to work collaboratively on a project!
- Works great on Chromebooks!
- Access it via the WeVideo Webdesk app