Seesaw is a NEW Tile in Webdesk!
You may notice your Seesaw Tile has changed. Don't worry, it will still send you to your same awesome account. The tile just has the "Official" designation. No Action Needed.
What is it?
Seesaw is a student-driven digital portfolio. Seesaw empowers students of any age to create, reflect, collaborate and share. Invite families to Seesaw to keep them in the loop about their child’s learning, and easily communicate between school and home.
Who has access?
Plano ISD Pre-K and Grades 1-5 have district licenses for Seesaw.
Whether you're new to Seesaw or a pro, these tips will help you implement it in your classroom!
Getting Started for Teachers in 3 Steps
Getting Started for Teachers in 3 Steps
- Add the Seesaw app in Webdesk
- Create and sign into your Seesaw account
- Create a class and add students
Step 1: Add the Seesaw app in Webdesk
1. Open the "Seesaw" app in Webdesk. If you don't see it, just add it from the PISD Staff library. (Instructions below)
How do I add the app?
- Click on the plus sign to "Open the App Library".
- In "All Apps" section
- Enter "Seesaw Official" in the search bar
- Select "Seesaw Official"
- Click "Add"
Step 2: Create and Sign in to your Seesaw account
2. Once you have opened the Seesaw app, first-time users will see this screen. Click on "I'm a Teacher".
3. Please select the handy option to Sign In with Google. Accept the prompts to connect with your Google account. You DO NOT have to manually enter your email and password.
Step 3: Create a Class & Add Students
4. Create a Class.
- For Classroom Teachers, your class will auto-populate in Seesaw.
- To create a new Seesaw Class from Google Classroom, click on your profile in the top left corner. Select "Create New Class."
- Click "Import from Google Classroom."
- Select the Google Classroom to import from options and click "Import Classes."
- Importing from Google Classroom will create a corresponding class in Seesaw, and add all students to the Google Classroom course.
Please reach out to the Digital Learning Team for support.
Already have an account?
Teachers with free Seesaw accounts
Teachers with free accounts in Seesaw will be transferred into the school dashboard, which upgrades their existing accounts to Seesaw for Schools. They will still have all their same classes and students, and their activity library will not be affected. They will receive an automated email that lets them know they’ve been added to a school dashboard. No action on their part is required
*If teachers have not used their PISD account to create their Seesaw account, then we recommend they update their email address to their PISD email so that Seesaw can find them and transfer them into their schools. Teachers can use these instructions to update the email address on their account! (Links to an external site.)
Teachers already connected to Seesaw for Schools
If a teacher belongs to a school that has already purchased Seesaw for Schools previously, then they will experience no change, and no action is required on their part.
Teachers that have purchased Seesaw Plus on their own
Teachers who have purchased Seesaw Plus on their own will no longer be charged for the subscription. However, they will not receive a refund for their purchase. They will receive an automated email that they have been added to a school, but no further action will be required on their part.
Learn how to use Seesaw
Learn the Basics of Seesaw in just 5 steps: https://web.seesaw.me/training
Getting Started Guides have everything you need to introduce Seesaw to your students, including the Seesaw Student Challenge, task cards, and badges and certificates!
Seesaw YouTube Channel
Videos on getting started, mini-trainings, Pd in your PJs, etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/SeesawEdu/featured
Become a Seesaw Pioneer/Ambassador/Certified Educator!
Pioneer: This one-hour course helps you feel comfortable with getting the most out of Seesaw in your classroom: https://web.seesaw.me/pioneer-program Become a Pioneer to qualify for the next two certs below.
Ambassador: After you’ve journeyed as a Seesaw Pioneer for 6 months, you can qualify to become a Seesaw Ambassador.
Certified Educator: Seesaw Certified Educators have maintained their Seesaw Ambassador status for 3 years and are personally invited into the community to share, lead, and inspire educators globally.
Complete the PISD Canvas Course
Course: #13730 Introduction to SeeSaw - Self-Paced Course
Description: This self-paced course is designed to get teachers up and running using SeeSaw (premium version) so that you can create engaging learning experiences that make thinking and learning visible.
Credit: 30 minutes
PowerSchool Link: https://pisd.truenorthlogic.com/ia/empari/learning2/course/viewCourseSearch?courseId=13730
Who? The premium version of Seesaw is available for Grades EC-5.
View Recording of our Seesaw Training
You will find the recording of the Seesaw training course on our Digital Learning Course Material page (you will be prompted to sign in first) - pisd.edu/digitallearning
Contact the Digital Learning Team
Wherever you are on your Seesaw learning journey, you can contact the Digital Learning Team to set up a training session for yourself or your team. We're ready to support!
Seesaw & Google Classroom
Clicksheets for using Seesaw with Google Classroom
We Already Have Google Classroom. Why Do We Need Seesaw?
This article by Tim Cavey explains so masterfully the merits of integrating Google Classroom and Seesaw.
Adding a Co-teacher
As a "Seesaw for Schools" member, PISD teachers can add up to 20 co-teachers.
Watch this 5-minute video to learn how to:
- Add co-teachers to your class
- Support your workflow with folders
- Share and modify activities
- Manage classes and settings
Quick Check for Understanding
Check for Understanding Resources
- Check out this One-Pager for K-2 and 3-5 ready-made activities to use across content areas.
Use Seesaw to Check for Understanding
Student & Family Access
File types supported by Seesaw
Seesaw supports adding photos, videos, audio files, drawings, notes, PDFs, and links into Seesaw journals.
You can also add work created using Google apps like Docs, Slides or Sheets directly into Seesaw portfolios! Seesaw will automatically convert files into PDFs for easy viewing. Learn more about this integration here.
Supported File Types
- .jpg, .jpeg .png
- .mov .mp4 .mp3 .m4a
- .pdf .ogv .wav .webm
Length / File Size Limits
- Audio Annotation on Item: 5 min
- Audio Comment: 2 min
- Video Length: 5 min
- Video, Audio, or PDF File Size: 250 MB. File larger than 250 MB? View our tips to resize files.
- Photo File Size: 1 MB
- Photos and videos are automatically resized by Seesaw to 2000 px in the longest dimension.
"Reflect in Seesaw" Chrome Extension
Reflect in Seesaw
Adding the Reflect Seesaw extension to the Chrome browser will allow teachers and students to grab a screen clipping of any website (article, Google Slide, etc.) and it will quickly be placed into Seesaw where you can edit and assign/submit. Both teachers and students can add and use this extension.
Click this link to install it and learn more.
Reflect in 2 Clicks with the Seesaw Chrome Extension
Good news! You have continuous access throughout the summer.
💡Archive Seesaw Activities
- To archive Activities: go to Activities > 3 dots > Archive Activity
- All Activities is your library will still be available for future classes.
- Helpful to declutter class feed, etc. Student responses are in Archived folder.
- Organize & categorize, evaluate activities in your Library
- To create a Collection: In My Library, scroll down to My Collections and click Create
- To organize activities, click on Activities Not In Collection, and click Organize to add to collection.
👪Family Download Student Journal
- Connect w families - +Families, turn on family access, enter emails
- Families get email with link to download journal archive as soon as class is archived
- Classes will be archived at the end of the year.
- To manually archive: Wrench Icon > Archive (Be sure student email/ID is linked)!
- *** Do not delete anything, ONLY archive!!
- *** Seesaw Admin wil merge accounts for portfolio.
~ Seesaw support & 5 End of Year Seesaw Must Do's for Teachers
For more clean-up tips on Google Classroom and Google Drive, visit our End-of-Year Clean-Up Tips page: pisd.edu/eoy
Improve Teacher Workflow
- In your Teacher Console, add the Seesaw app in your student's MyBackpack.
- Add a Co-Teacher! Click on this link for a quick video tutorial.
- Invite families to use the Family Seesaw app. See the slideshow on this page, starting on Slide 19: Getting Families Started with Seesaw. Translation resources
Students using iPads?
- Have the student install the Seesaw Class app from Jamf first. They will not be able to install the app via the App Store on a campus-issued iPad.