Kami Premium (Secondary)
- Secondary teachers and students have PREMIUM access to Kami.
- Elementary teachers have access to the free version. Visit the Elementary Kami page for information.
- Kami allows students and teachers to annotate on eBooks, images, publisher-supplied PDFs, worksheets, and more.
- Kami lets secondary teachers utilize curriculum documents in a way that integrates with Google Classroom.
- Kami makes learning accessible to all with embedded supports such as Read Aloud, Voice Typing, Dark Mode, Specialized Fonts, and more. Read more here.
Access for Teachers
1. Download and install these Kami extensions:
- Kami Chrome Extension
- Kami Chrome App
- Connect your Google Drive to Kami. (Enables you to open any file with Kami)
2. Sign up for an account using your Google PISD credentials.
3. Open Webdesk and find the Kami (PISD) tile. If you do not have the tile on your dashboard, you can add it from the App Library.
4. Launch the Kami app from Webdesk
Access for Students
- Highlight, Underline, Strikethrough
- Add Text Box
- Text, Voice, Video, and Screen Capture Comments
- Insert Shapes
- Insert Images
- Insert Signature
- Voice and Video Comments
- Equation Editor
- Add Page (Blank, Grid, Lined and Music)
- Freehand Drawing
- Text to Speech
- Voice Typing
- Split & Merge Documents
- Kami & Google Classroom Integration
- Scanned Documents (OCR)
What's New in Kami
Keep up with current Kami product updates by visiting, "What's New in Kami". Scroll down to the bottom to find previous monthly updates.
Kami and Google Classroom
Watch this 5-minute video to learn how to assign and grade with Kami.
Independent Learning With Kami
Independent Learning with Kami
Learn more about how students can use Kami's accessibility tools to support becoming independent learners.
Make learning accessible to all by:
- Making PDFs accessible
- Supporting all students
- Engaging everyone
- Leveling the playing field
More details can be found on Kami's Accessibility page.
Get inspired by one of our Plano ISD students, Cooper Johnson (11th grader at PESH) as he tells about his dyslexia journey.
Kami Clicksheet for Secondary
Kami Connect Sessions and Live Webinars
Watch the recordings and access the resources from Kami Connect Sessions and Live Webinars
- Professional Development
- Inspirational Speakers
- Preview New Kami Features
This learning opportunity is provided by Kami and not Plano ISD.
Our Digital Learning Specialist, Lilly Jensby, was a featured presenter
in the July 2021 Kami Connect Conference!
Watch her here! https://youtu.be/aLjzvOHLPKs?t=7279