Learn about Seesaw in this quick Canvas course!
Course: #13730 Introduction to SeeSaw - Self Paced Course
Description: This self-paced course is designed to get teachers up and running using SeeSaw (premium version) so that you can create engaging learning experiences that make thinking and learning visible.
Credit: 30 minutes
PowerSchool Link: (Sign into PowerSchool first. Then open this link) https://pisd.truenorthlogic.com/ia/empari/learning2/course/viewCourseSearch?courseId=13730
Who? The premium version of Seesaw is available for Grades EC-5.
What is it?
Seesaw is a student-driven digital portfolio. Seesaw empowers students of any age to create, reflect, collaborate and share. Invite families to Seesaw to keep them in the loop about their child’s learning, and easily communicate between school and home.
Who has access?
Plano ISD Pre-K and Grades 1-5 have district licenses for Seesaw.
Whether you're new to Seesaw or a pro, these tips will help you implement it in your classroom!
Getting Started for Teachers in 3 Steps
Getting Started for Teachers in 3 Steps
- Add the Seesaw app in Webdesk
- Create and sign into your Seesaw account
- Create a class and add students
Step 1: Add the Seesaw app in Webdesk
1. Open the "Seesaw" app in Webdesk. If you don't see it, just add it from the PISD Staff library. (Instructions below)
How do I add the app?
- Click on the plus sign to "Open the App Library".
- Open the "PISD Staff" section
- Enter "Seesaw" in the search bar
- Select "Seesaw"
- Click "Add"
Step 2: Create and Sign in to your Seesaw account
2. Once you have opened the Seesaw app, first-time users will see this screen. Click on "I'm a Teacher".
3. You DO NOT have to manually enter your email and password. Please select the handy option to sign in with Google. Accept the prompts to connect with your Google account.
Step 3: Create a Class & Add Students
4. Create a Class.
- Click on your profile in the top left corner. Select "Create New Class."
- Click "Import from Google Classroom."
- Select the Google Classroom to import from options and click "Import Classes."
- Importing from Google Classroom will create a corresponding class in Seesaw, and add all students to the Google Classroom course.
Please reach out to the Digital Learning Team for support.
Already have an account?
Teachers with free Seesaw accounts
Teachers with free accounts in Seesaw will be transferred into the school dashboard, which upgrades their existing accounts to Seesaw for Schools. They will still have all their same classes and students, and their activity library will not be affected. They will receive an automated email that lets them know they’ve been added to a school dashboard. No action on their part is required
*If teachers have not used their PISD account to create their Seesaw account, then we recommend they update their email address to their PISD email so that Seesaw can find them and transfer them into their schools. Teachers can use these instructions to update the email address on their account! (Links to an external site.)
Teachers already connected to Seesaw for Schools
If a teacher belongs to a school that has already purchased Seesaw for Schools previously, then they will experience no change, and no action is required on their part.
Teachers that have purchased Seesaw Plus on their own
Teachers who have purchased Seesaw Plus on their own will no longer be charged for the subscription. However, they will not receive a refund for their purchase. They will receive an automated email that they have been added to a school, but no further action will be required on their part.
Seesaw & Google Classroom
Clicksheets for using Seesaw with Google Classroom
We Already Have Google Classroom. Why Do We Need Seesaw?
This article by Tim Cavey explains so masterfully the merits of integrating Google Classroom and Seesaw.
Student & Family Access
See the Students & Families page on the left.
Learn how to use Seesaw
Learn the Basics of Seesaw in just 5 steps: https://web.seesaw.me/training Note: Teachers will need to add their students manually.
Seesaw YouTube Channel
Videos on getting started, mini-trainings, PD in your PJs, etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/SeesawEdu/featured
Become a Seesaw Pioneer/Ambassador/Certified Educator!
Pioneer: This one-hour course helps you feel comfortable with getting the most out of Seesaw in your classroom: https://web.seesaw.me/pioneer-program Become a Pioneer to qualify for the next two certs below.
Ambassador: After you’ve journeyed as a Seesaw Pioneer for 6 months, you can qualify to become a Seesaw Ambassador.
Certified Educator: Seesaw Certified Educators have maintained their Seesaw Ambassador status for 3 years and are personally invited into the community to share, lead, and inspire educators globally.
Contact the Digital Learning Team
Wherever you are on your Seesaw learning journey, you can contact the Digital Learning Team to set up a training for yourself or your team. We're ready to assist!
- In your Teacher Console, add the Seesaw app in your student's MyBackpack.
- Add a Co-Teacher! Click on this link for a quick video tutorial.
- Invite families to use the Family Seesaw app. See the slideshow on this page, starting on Slide 19: Getting Families Started with Seesaw. Translation resources
Students using iPads?
- Have the student install the Seesaw Class app from Jamf first. They will not be able to install the app via the App Store on a campus-issued iPad.