What is it?
Seesaw is a student-driven digital portfolio. Seesaw empowers students of any age to create, reflect, collaborate and share. Invite families to Seesaw to keep them in the loop about their child’s learning, and easily communicate between school and home. Use this interactive training slideshow as a resource to help you get started.
Access to Seesaw
Plano ISD Pre-K ONLY has a district license for Seesaw.
Campuses that want a license to Seesaw would need to purchase it on their own.
The district expectation is for Pre-K to use Seesaw and for K-12 to use Google Classroom.
If your campus chooses to purchase a license on their own, here are some tips for teachers and students to access the program.
- Add the Seesaw Teacher app in Webdesk.
- In your Teacher Console, add the Seesaw app in your student's MyBackpack.
- Invite families to use the Family Seesaw app. Slideshow (start on Slide 19): Getting Families Started with Seesaw. Translation resources
- Students will open the Seesaw app in Webdesk from their MyBackpack (if you put it in there for them)
- Or they'll manually add the Seesaw app from the App Library
- Your child's teacher will invite you via email or mobile phone.
- In the Family App, families only see their own student's posts or posts they're tagged in.
- Families cannot complete activities or post to the journal from the Family app.