- WeVideo is an online video editor
- PISD users have access to premium videos, audio, and images
- Record your voice (think narration!)
- Green screen tools
- Record your screen
- Teachers can create groups for students to work collaboratively on a project!
- Works great on Chromebooks!
- Access it via the WeVideo Webdesk app
Launch the WeVideo app in Webdesk.
1. Open Webdesk and add the WeVideo app. Capitalize the W when searching!
2. Launch the WeVideo app. It should automatically sign you in using your PISD Google account.
3. Enter the code your teacher has provided on the bottom left corner of your dashboard.
Having trouble logging in?
See the Support section below.
Create Groups (Teachers Only)
Important: Before you begin, please ask students to open WeVideo from their Webdesk if they have never opened it before. Doing this activates their WeVideo account.
Check WeVideo's website for the most up-to-date instructions: https://wevideo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216742938-Group-Codes
- Click on the Groups tab at the top of your dashboard.
2. You will see a list of your classes that contain zero members. You can manually add each of your students to those classes, but there is an easier way! Click on the plus sign located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. A new popup window appears. Give your class a title (1st period, 2nd period, etc.) and then click Create.
4. You should now see your created class at the bottom of the list. Double click on your new class to open a more detailed view.
5. A group code is provided on the bottom of the left panel. This will be the code you will give your students once they have access to the district account (see student access instructions in the next section).
Recording and Importing Audio
1. Open a new or existing project.
2. Click "Narrate" to record your voice. When you have finished recording, the audio track will appear in your timeline in the Voiceover 1 track. You can click Finish to save it as an MP3 file or continue editing by adding video/images with your narration.
3. Click Finish.
4. Name the file. Export as Audio only. Choose Google Drive as a destination. Mark it as public if you're sharing via WeVideo. Click Save.
5. Once it has finished exporting, you can share the URL (if marked for public viewing), share to Google Classroom, and download the file as an MP3.
Editing & Special Effects
Advanced Editing Capabilities
How to create a Green Screen effect
How to create a podcast
How to blur portions of your video (faces, text, etc.)
Need to blot out parts of video for security or to limit distractions? Watch this video (coming soon!)
How to apply animation
Import & Narrate a Slideshow
Click sheet for importing & narrating slides in WeVideo
Training Resources (WeVideo Academy, etc.)
WeVideo Academy - www.wevideo.com/academy
Find tutorials and information about video editing and WeVideo features. Learn how to make video edits, add music to movies, or find project ideas.
Ideas Hub - https://www.wevideo.com/education-resources
YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/wevideo
Twitter - https://twitter.com/WeVideo #WeVideo
WeVideo Extension - Video Editor for Chrome
Get WeVideo Certified!
Interested in earning a WeVideo certification?
If you have been using WeVideo and are ready to show off your skills, consider earning a WeVideo certification!
Join the WeVideo Creator Community https://creators.wevideo.com/ and begin their awesome lessons and challenges to earn certifications.