- WeVideo is an online video editor
- PISD users have access to premium videos, audio, and images
- Record your voice (think narration!)
- Green screen tools
- Record your screen
- Teachers can create groups for students to work collaboratively on a project!
- Works great on Chromebooks!
- Access it via the WeVideo Webdesk app
⭐Getting Started Guides (New!)
WeVideo has updated their dashboard to include creating a classroom, importing students, creating individual or collaborative team projects, and more. Check out their guide:
WeVideo Getting StartedThe complete guide to getting started with WeVideo including a dashboard tour, editing basics, etc.
Launch the WeVideo app in Webdesk.
1. Students will open the WeVideo app in their Webdesk, just as teachers do.
- If for some reason a student does not have it, the student can click the plus sign to open the app library, search WeVideo, and add it. Capitalize the W when searching!
2. Students can click "Join" and enter the teacher's class code OR, if the teacher has rostered the class using Google Classroom, the student will already see the class in their dashboard.
How Students Get WeVideo
Having trouble logging in?
See the Support section below.
Creating Collaborative Teams
Create Teams (Teachers Only)
Page 5 of this Google Doc explains what to do: The New WeVideo Classroom: Getting Started Guide + FAQs
Recording and Importing Audio
1. Open a new or existing project.
2. Click "Narrate" to record your voice. When you have finished recording, the audio track will appear in your timeline in the Voiceover 1 track. You can click Finish to save it as an MP3 file or continue editing by adding video/images with your narration.
3. Click Finish.
4. Name the file. Export as Audio only. Choose Google Drive as a destination. Mark it as public if you're sharing via WeVideo. Click Save.
5. Once it has finished exporting, you can share the URL (if marked for public viewing), share to Google Classroom, and download the file as an MP3.
Editing & Special Effects
Advanced Editing Capabilities
How to create a Green Screen effect
How to create a podcast
How to blur portions of your video (faces, text, etc.)
Need to blot out parts of video for security or to limit distractions? Watch this video (coming soon!)
How to apply animation
Import & Narrate a Slideshow
Click sheet for importing & narrating slides in WeVideo
WeVideo Extension - Video Editor for Chrome
Training Resources (WeVideo Academy, etc.)
Great place to start - Introduction to WeVideo for Beginners (6-min video)
WeVideo Academy - www.wevideo.com/academy
Ideas Hub - https://www.wevideo.com/education-resources
YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/wevideo
Twitter - https://twitter.com/WeVideo #WeVideo
2021 Summer WeVideo Class presentation:
Get WeVideo Certified!
Earn your WeVideo certification
Who/Why: Whether you are new to WeVideo or a skilled user, consider earning a WeVideo certification! The course takes you through challenges and scenarios in which you'll learn so much and/or polish your skills.
How: Join the WeVideo Creator Community https://creators.wevideo.com/ and begin their awesome lessons and challenges to earn your Bronze/Silver/Gold certifications.