The Hotspot YouTube Channel - instructional videos
Subscribe to our Hotspot YouTube channel of instructional how-to videos on a plethora of topics!
Your Own YouTube Channel
Did you know that every Plano ISD educator has their own YouTube channel? You just have to "activate" it.
How to Activate
1. Sign in to YouTube. Go to youtube.com and click the Sign in button. Enter your PISD email address and password.
2. Click on your profile image on the top right of the screen and select Creator Studio or it might say "YouTube Studio (beta)".
3. Click on "Create a channel" and follow the prompts to activate it.
What is it?
Now that you have your PISD YouTube channel ready, you can:
- create and upload original videos for your students and parents to access (think tutorials, informational, announcement videos).
- create Playlists on certain topics and add YouTube videos that others have created to them and/or your own videos. Then refer your students to that Playlist for a specific unit of study.
Please contact any member of the Digital Learning Team for help with any of this!
Approve YouTube Videos & ChannelsTeachers, you can now approve videos/channels for students to see. You DO NOT need to approve videos for you to watch them yourself. It's for students to be able to see them from their device (mobile/Chromebook/desktop) when logged into their PISD account.
Read more on our Tech-tastic blog: Teachers Can Approve Educationally Appropriate YouTube Videos For Students in Plano ISD
How Teachers can Approve YouTube Videos for Students