PISD Student Email
Now more than ever, communication between teachers and students is critical. Plano ISD recognizes that email is an effective and efficient tool to aid communication.
Student email has been turned on!
- Students in grades 6-12 receive a district provisioned email address as of Fall 2020.
- The District takes very seriously its obligation to protect students’ safety and security in both physical and online learning environments. Therefore, students will only be permitted to exchange emails (send and receive) with designated accounts within the pisd.edu domain (e.g. teachers) or similarly vetted organizations (e.g. Naviance College & Career Readiness Resources).
- Email will be subject to monitoring and filtering to further ensure the safest environment possible while still enabling necessary communication related to instruction and learning.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions listed below for more information.
What is my student's email address?
What are the expectations on how students will use their PISD email address?
- Students will use email accounts to communicate with their teachers and staff regarding assignments, homework, and/or projects.
- Email communication is fully integrated within Google Classroom, a prominent application used across the district.
Will elementary students be able to get emails?
Emails are only available for 6th - 12th grade students.
What email filtering service will be used to protect students from inappropriate material, phishing schemes, unsolicited marketing emails, etc.?
Student emails will be filtered using Barracuda and Google’s built-in filtering tools.
Can students email other students within the district?
Yes. Students will be able to emails to other students within the district.
Can student email be used to sign up for non-academic activities?
No. Students emails are limited for use within the PISD domain.