LOTE Technology Integration Ideas
Five Ways to Connect a Language Classroom:
- Bring a native speaker to you with Google Hangouts
- Use radio and podcasts in the target language - see www.listenlive.eu
- Google My Maps/Google Maps Street View - see public transit routes, read signs, check out neighborhoods
- Google Arts and Culture - browse works of art and virtually walk around galleries
- Twitter - follow speakers of the target language to learn colloquialisms, abbreviations, memes, and more
Burau, B. (2017). World (Language) Wide Web: Five Ways to Connect a Language Classroom. TechEdge 38 (3), p. 14-15.