Artificial Intelligence and ChatGPT in Education
ChatGPT, what are you?
I am ChatGPT, a large language model developed by OpenAI. My underlying architecture is based on GPT-3.5, which stands for "Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3.5." I have been trained on a vast amount of text from the internet and various sources up until my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021.
As an AI language model, my purpose is to assist and provide information on a wide range of topics, engage in conversations, answer questions, and generate text based on the input I receive. However, it's essential to remember that I am just a program, and while I can process and generate text, I do not have consciousness, emotions, or personal experiences. My capabilities are limited to what I have been trained on, and I am not able to browse the internet or access information beyond my training data.
ChatGPT. (2023, July 20). "What are you?"
Plano ISD's Position & Guidance
- In order to use chat.openai.com, users must create an account (free*).
- Plano ISD does not provide accounts for staff/students.
- *ChatGPT is free (available when demand is low; standard response speed; regular model updates).
ChatGPT Plus is $20/mo. (available even when demand is high; faster response speed; priority access to new features).
AI Educator Tools
- ⭐ChatGPT, Chatbots and Artificial Intelligence in Education (Matt Miller)
- How Ai Can Enhance Education (TCEA)
- Artificial Intelligence in Education - Putting Educators and Students in the Driver's Seat (ISTE)
- How To Improve Your Search Results With ChatGPT (TCEA)
- ChatGPT Is Going To Change Education, Not Destroy It (MIT Technology Review)
- By Turn It In:
- PARENTS - Guide to ChatGPT for Parents and Caregivers
- Webinar: Plano ISD Digital Learning Team: Opportunities for ChatGPT in Education (Video, 37 min), Slide deck
- Webinar: What Effect with ChatGPT Have on Writing in Schools? with Holly Clark, hosted by Bookcreator
- Webinar: Demystifying Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) in Education by Future Ready Schools
- Holly Clark’s Slideshow: Chat GPT and AI in Education Resources
- Holly Clark’s Bookcreator: What Effect Will ChatGPT Have on Writing in Schools?
- Digital Learning Podcast with Holly Clark and Matt Miller - How ChatGPT and AI assistants Can Save Us Time
Digital Citizenship Resources
- Plano ISD's Hotspot page contains a wealth of digital citizenship resources to support teachers, parents, and students in their digital citizenship journey. Being committed to digital citizenship keeps users inclusive, informed, engaged, balanced, and alert about their use of digital tools.