Keyboarding Without Tears
A student's earliest experiences with keyboarding should focus on building a strong foundation for fluid, confident typing.
All activities are designed to be intuitive, engaging, and developmentally appropriate with grade-specific cross-curricular connections that resonate with students, such as:
- Introducing the keyboard and mouse
- Teaching children to anchor their hands on Home Row
- Developing finger dexterity, finger-key association, and bilateral hand skills
- Building muscle memory by practicing letter combinations
Plano ISD has a district license for 2nd-5th grade teachers and specialists.
Teacher and Student Access Instructions:
- Open Webdesk.
- The "Keyboarding Without Tears" tile is preloaded onto your dashboard
- Click on the tile (see below) to open the program.
Get Started Quick Sheet for Teachers
If you need additional assistance, have your CTA create a help desk ticket for "Online Textbook" issues.