Plano ISD Stadium Bag Policy
In an effort to promote the safety and security of Plano ISD students, staff, families and visitors, the district has modified its stadium bag policy by limiting the size and type of bags that spectators are allowed to bring into Plano ISD stadiums, including:
- Clark Stadium & Fields Complex
- Kimbrough Stadium
- Williams Stadium
Starting September 13, 2019, only the following types of bags are approved:
- One clear plastic tote, not larger than 12” X 12” X 6”
- One clear resealable plastic storage bag, not larger than 1 gallon size
- One small “hand sized” clutch purse, not larger than 5” X 7”
The following bags are prohibited:
- All purses, bags or containers larger than an approved small clutch purse or small clear tote
- Backpacks and duffle bags
- Camera and binocular cases or bags
- Mesh or drawstring bags
- Computer bags
- Fanny packs
Plano ISD Stadium Rules
The following rules are in effect at Plano ISD stadiums:
- Spectators may not enter the stadium with any bag that does not comply with the District’s clear bag policy. Staff and security personnel, at their sole discretion, may determine what constitutes a prohibited bag.
- Permissible bags carried by spectators may be opened and inspected by security personnel or staff prior to entry into the stadium.
- Alcoholic beverages, outside food or drink items, tobacco products and weapons are prohibited.
- Spectators are prohibited from bringing footballs or other balls into the stadium.
- Persons in possession of prohibited items or who refuse inspection of bags and/or packages will not be permitted to enter the stadium. Persons who violate these stadium rules may be ejected without refund.
- Body painting, other than on the face area, is not allowed.
- Masks or appropriate cloth face covering must be worn inside the stadium when required by executive order, law or District policy. Masks or face coverings shall not extend above the bridge of the nose. Ski masks and bandanas used as masks are prohibited.
- All signs must be positive, appropriate, promote the participants and not be unduly distracting or block the view of others. Clothing items, including masks or face coverings, must conform to District policy and/or the Student Code of Conduct.
- Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
- Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto the field.
- Air horns are prohibited per UIL rules.
- Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
- Powder or throwing of powder is prohibited.
Stadium Bag Policy FAQ
Why did Plano ISD adopt the policy?
The District’s public safety and stadium security policies are reviewed and updated periodically to promote the safety and security of Plano ISD students, staff, families and visitors at our stadiums.
Do I have to put everything I’m carrying into the permissible bags?
No. The limitation only applies to the type of bags carried into the stadium. You are permitted to carry items in your pockets, if you choose not to put them in a clear bag or clutch.
What about students with backpacks?
Student spectators will not be allowed to bring backpacks or other bags into the stadium. Student groups such as bands, cheerleaders and drill teams will be allowed to have bags if they enter with their group at the appropriate entrance.
Can fans carry cameras, binoculars, or smart phones separately from what they put in a clear bag?
Yes. Binoculars, smart phones and cameras are allowed in the stadium, they simply cannot be contained in a bag unless the bag meets the requirements listed above.
What about items needed for babies/children?
A baby carrier, detachable infant car seat, or stroller is permitted in the stadium if it is accompanying an infant/small child and there’s not an attached bag. Other items needed for a baby or small child may be carried in clear gallon-size resealable bags.
If I have special medical equipment I need to have with me at all times, where do I put that?
Medically necessary items are permitted. Medications and small devices can be carried in a clear resealable bag.
What about bringing blankets in cold weather?
Fans will be able to bring blankets by tossing them loosely over a shoulder or arm.
What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?
Fans carrying bags that do not meet the criteria will be asked to return the bag to their vehicle.