I Need Internet
Plano ISD WiFi
Be our guest on the PISDGuest network. Free wireless Internet access is available from the parking lots of several schools throughout the district. Visit the Wifi Spots at Schools webpage to find out where to park-and-play on the PISDGuest network. All families are asked to remain in their vehicles while on district property.
- AT&T: AT&T announced that they were suspending broadband usage caps for our home internet customers.
- Charter/Spectrum Communications: Charter Communications will offer free Spectrum broadband and WiFi access for 60 days to households with K-12 students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Comcast/Xfinity: Comcast, which provides Xfinity services, will offer new customers 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service. To enroll, call 1-855-8-INTERNET. Xfinity WiFi also has hotspots located in businesses and outdoor locations, available free to anyone—including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit the Xfinity WiFi webpage. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
- Sprint: Sprint customers with metered data plans will receive unlimited data for 60 days at no extra cost. All customers with mobile hotspot-capable handsets, who don’t currently have mobile hotspot, will now get 20GB per month free for 60 days, and those with mobile hotspot will receive an additional 20GB per month for 60 days at no cost.
- T-Mobile: If families currently have a T-Mobile plan with data, they will be granted free unlimited data for the next 60 days, excluding roaming.
- Verizon: Verizon will waive late fees and keep residential customers connected if they are negatively impacted by the global crisis with no data caps on Verizon home Internet subscribers.